Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX
01-11-2018, (Subject: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX ) 
Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX
Hi All from Australia
Well today was the day I was waiting for
I recently had my 871 ISX Tuned (@m*m^2) and dialled in at a safe level of boost@ 36 psi
I also own a Cat Powered C15 Acert with a Pitts power box and Manifold, (on level 2) (Factory file is 625hp)=680hp @ 56 psi boost (twins)
Both trucks loaded to 46 tonnes gross weight on a bridge (101k lbs)
Both trucks with same gearbox's and final drive ratios (4.33)
Well the proof is in the @m*m^2 tune
The ISX was 600hp @ 2050 from factory and could even come close to the Cat powered truck before the tune, No Contest at all!! Well today was eye opening, the Isx pulled away down low about half a gear on the Cat
Then we hit a big hill!!, and they both where locked in a battle as neither truck could out pull
each other!! door to door up the side of a mountain.
This is simply amazing!!, As the Cat powered truck with the power box turned on setting 2 is usually untouchable as its a beast also @ 680hp
Pleasantly surprised with the tune
I am from Australia and there is not a lot Help here, only Stealerships that take your hard earned.
Only through this Site I was able to Achieve this
Big thanks goes to Signature 620 for the outcome achieved
Cheers Adam
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , snailexpress , hhow55 , the missing link , Brock , smorgan87 , Signature620 , Mr Hagg , Running rough , gatow900
RE: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX
Makes you wonder what Piss power is calling 680 hp eh?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam isx , snailexpress , hhow55 , rgreen
Nothing like a beast in the land down under! Lol

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam isx , Signature620
Id be curious to see that cat on a dyno. See what shes really doing.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: adam isx
Pitts box works, kinda antique technology. Boost is kinda low on that kitty for a 625, especially with a box. I'd expect 60ish + on a true 625 Acert. The right big CPL 870-871 is no joke. Get ahold of Gearhead if you want that cat to hang with that cummins
replyreply
01-12-2018, (Subject: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX ) 
They're a good honest engine once you let them breathe a bit of fresh air.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough , adam isx
(01-11-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Pitts box works, kinda antique technology. Boost is kinda low on that kitty for a 625, especially with a box. I'd expect 60ish + on a true 625 Acert. The right big CPL 870-871 is no joke. Tell you buddy to get ahold of Gearhead if he wants that cat to hang with that cummins

I can’t see how the Acert cat can hold a head gasket with that amount of boost, I threw my cat out in one of my trucks because to many headgaskets failures and it was recently overhauled and In the proses of putting in a 2250 with low km I got from a wrecker ,(put a new fuel pump on it) yes there are some who will think I took a big step backwards, worst case scenario it will drop a liner, if that happens I know it can be cut and shimmer and theoretically should be good for a long long time if done right, but am keeping fingers crossed that this one will not have that issue, I have big demons to slay getting the wiring to work I know that
replyreply
(01-12-2018 )Running rough Wrote:  
(01-11-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Pitts box works, kinda antique technology. Boost is kinda low on that kitty for a 625, especially with a box. I'd expect 60ish + on a true 625 Acert. The right big CPL 870-871 is no joke. Tell you buddy to get ahold of Gearhead if he wants that cat to hang with that cummins

I can’t see how the Acert cat can hold a head gasket with that amount of boost, I threw my cat out in one of my trucks because to many headgaskets failures and it was recently overhauled and In the proses of putting in a 2250 with low km I got from a wrecker ,(put a new fuel pump on it) yes there are some who will think I took a big step backwards, worst case scenario it will drop a liner, if that happens I know it can be cut and shimmer and theoretically should be good for a long long time if done right, but am keeping fingers crossed that this one will not have that issue, I have big demons to slay getting the wiring to work I know that

That high boost doesn't all go into the cylinders. The Iva's bleed of cylinder pressure. That's why when you look into an Acert head its all soot like an egr engine is
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Running rough
01-13-2018, (Subject: Aussie @m*m^2 Tuned ISX ) 
(01-12-2018 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  
(01-12-2018 )Running rough Wrote:  

That high boost doesn't all go into the cylinders. The Iva's bleed of cylinder pressure. That's why when you look into an Acert head its all soot like an egr engine is

They also have a lower compression ratio, different piston & skirts, perhaps different stroke?, different injection style (mostly CDI), different valve over-lap, thicker components and a lot of other things that are not the same as other model engines. They are more forgiving of abuse and bad programming due to these factors and a lot of guys over-boost them and do all sorts of bad things through sheer ignorance on them and get away with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.