ISX head identification
04-12-2018, (Subject: ISX head identification ) 
RE: ISX head identification
I'll find out tomorrow. I'm going to head over to cummins on a pic ticket from mhc to pick up some injectors. It's always something lol!

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
04-12-2018, (Subject: ISX head identification ) 
How do guys like mr. Hagg and gearhead get so many new heads?
replyreply
04-13-2018, (Subject: ISX head identification ) 
(04-12-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  How do guys like mr. Hagg and gearhead get so many new heads?

I would imagine by the sheer volume of business they give wherever they are getting there parts from.If I was kenworth,peterbuilt,cummins ect and had a shop doing 4 inframes a month plus all ather repairs and they came to me to spend they customers money I would do my best to get them exactly what they wanted.I would be like oh you want to look in the 10 crates of heads I have,well let me help open them up for you then.

User's Signature: when things are not going good ,I just want to go sit in a mud puddle and blow bubbles
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(04-13-2018 )flonly Wrote:  
(04-12-2018 )tree98 Wrote:  How do guys like mr. Hagg and gearhead get so many new heads?

I would imagine by the sheer volume of business they give wherever they are getting there parts from.If I was kenworth,peterbuilt,cummins ect and had a shop doing 4 inframes a month plus all ather repairs and they came to me to spend they customers money I would do my best to get them exactly what they wanted.I would be like oh you want to look in the 10 crates of heads I have,well let me help open them up for you then.

Well then that dealer must know there's a difference between new and reman. That would be the dealer to contact wouldn't you say??
replyreply
I had no problem finding new at Vegas KW.
I asked just to find out, and the parts manager said "There's one at the warehouse, if I call now I can have it about noon tomorrow?"
"Here's my Visa, I'll go hang out in town tonight and see you tomorrow..." I replied.

But I did have a couple of dealers tell me "unavailable" for new.
Just gotta find the right guy.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
04-14-2018, (Subject: ISX head identification ) 
I havent purchased a recon head for quite a while. I can identify a new head by the factory sticker that Cummins Inc puts on the box. Its always sold as a Recon by dealers but is new. I hand pick the ones i pick up at Cummins in GP and therefore take those. The one i just installed today on a 2350 had a build date of March 31, 2018. Tricks of the trade i guess.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead , Rawze , Waterloo
04-15-2018, (Subject: ISX head identification ) 

I was over at Mr Hagg's shop the other day pricing out parts with Rawze. If my memory is working correctly, Mr Hagg said he is number one in GA and number four in the nation for in frames in regards to Cummins parts ordered. When you see his shop, the actual size of his shop, you would say WTF? He only has a few bays, this is not some mega dealer with 50 bays.

I believe he had three fresh heads sitting there on the shop floor in crates with the in frame kits. These guys are very busy and I would not hesitate taking my truck there. I wish we had a Mr Hagg in Michigan. I might go back and start looking for a shop/building to rent. Well, now that I think of it, I may have a place... LOL!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.