It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further!
04-25-2018, (Subject: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! ) 
RE: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further!
I just add one of these (it contains 1 oz of oil) when I fill my system up after it has been apart ...

./uploads/201804/post_2_1524659969_e7370e5397aaf6e95e31cd929e866cbc.jpg

Although the sticker on the truck says I should use 4 of these, I only use 3 of these ...

./uploads/201804/post_2_1524659996_ac82463331921ad7bea40be5f8f9b5b2.jpg

--- I DO NOT USE ANY KIND OF PRODUCT WITH STOP LEAK IN IT!!! -- The A/C system on a prostar hates those products!. - Or at least that is my own experience with it anyhow.

I also pull a full vacuum on the system before putting the first can in. I usually put one can of r134 (puts the system at 50 psi and compressor will run on its own, then the can of oil, then the rest of the 134.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
How do you know if the system is over oiled?
replyreply
(04-25-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  How do you know if the system is over oiled?

I don't. But I have never had a compressor problem even after working on my A/C system several times either. I have replaced the A/C compressor 1 times in a million miles so far (at around 600k miles I think).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
05-16-2018, (Subject: It is AC time! If you need parts, look no further! ) 
PAG oli is very hydroscopic
if it is your personal truck, I would drain and refill it
you are going to need a trip to AutoZone to "borrow" a Vacuum Pump
let it run for an hour, as I feel certain tast you are not equipped with a Micron gauge
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.