freon leak
06-22-2019, (Subject: freon leak ) 
freon leak
i have a 2013 kenworth t700 with a king thermo apu i noticed that it was freon on the side of my truck looked underneath and seen freon all under the bottom of the cab ac in the front cab still blows cold but the back where the beds are id blowing warm air ant help will be appreciated
replyreply
RE: freon leak
Theres several places freon can leak. Either the evap has a hole in it, the oring seal at the connection is bad or a hose is bad. With that much oil blown oil id say probably a hose. Kind of strange the front is blowing cold but the sleeper isnt as that they are supplied by the same compressor. Unless your saying the apu air isnt blowing cold.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fishermen13
(06-22-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Theres several places freon can leak. Either the evap has a hole in it, the oring seal at the connection is bad or a hose is bad. With that much oil blown oil id say probably a hose. Kind of strange the front is blowing cold but the sleeper isnt as that they are supplied by the same compressor. Unless your saying the apu air isnt blowing cold.

i think the hose might had went bad im lift the bed up and seen the blower but i didn't see any leak i am gonna take it off and see if the hoses had bust
replyreply
(06-22-2019 )fishermen13 Wrote:  
(06-22-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  Theres several places freon can leak. Either the evap has a hole in it, the oring seal at the connection is bad or a hose is bad. With that much oil blown oil id say probably a hose. Kind of strange the front is blowing cold but the sleeper isnt as that they are supplied by the same compressor. Unless your saying the apu air isnt blowing cold.

i think the hose might had went bad im lift the bed up and seen the blower but i didn't see any leak i am gonna take it off and see if the hoses had bust

where is the evap thats under the bed right
replyreply

where is the evap thats under the bed right

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
The evap should be right next to the blower. U can look at where the refrigerant lines go into the cab as a reference. Are we talking about the apu a/c is leaking or the main engine on sleeper ac is leaking?
replyreply
(06-22-2019 )smorgan87 Wrote:  The evap should be right next to the blower. U can look at where the refrigerant lines go into the cab as a reference. Are we talking about the apu a/c is leaking or the main engine on sleeper ac is leaking?

i seen it the evap i haven't been able to see if it the sleeper or the engine but the cab is still blowing kind cool and the sleeper is warm but i think they are all tied in
replyreply
06-23-2019, (Subject: freon leak ) 
If engine is running and front ac is cold but rear ac is not id check the blend door for the rear ac. Id also hook up some gauges and check the pressure on both then main ac and apu ac.
replyreply
06-23-2019, (Subject: freon leak ) 
ok ima try that and ill get back to you thanks sir
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.