870 flywheel housing
08-09-2019, (Subject: 870 flywheel housing ) 
RE: 870 flywheel housing
This is on a log truck, it gets worked pretty hard. Do you happen to have any pictures of your cracked housing?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
08-10-2019, (Subject: 870 flywheel housing ) 
(08-09-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  This is on a log truck, it gets worked pretty hard. Do you happen to have any pictures of your cracked housing?

Gonna have to go looking. I thought I posted them in my thread

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
08-10-2019, (Subject: 870 flywheel housing ) 
(08-10-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(08-09-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  This is on a log truck, it gets worked pretty hard. Do you happen to have any pictures of your cracked housing?

Gonna have to go looking. I thought I posted them in my thread

I didn't see any

replyreply
08-11-2019, (Subject: 870 flywheel housing ) 
(08-10-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  I didn't see any

I threw the cracked housing away when I moved in the spring, so this is all I have for pics...

This was clearly a crack, but I couldn't find a penetration to the oil rifle. There was obviously a leak directly from the oil rifle cavity somewhere, but I could pinpoint it. The leak increased dramatically from a sweat to a leak when I shimmed my oil pump, so it was rather conclusive that was where it had to be coming from. I inspected the gasket, the housing, and the block and could not find a stain showing where the gasket was leaking. Starlight stopped by my shop when I was just finishing up, and he agreed that it didn't appear that my gasket had failed, so I'm fairly certain it leaked via the cracks.

Not all of these ^ are cracks, but it shows the poor quality of this particular casting IMHO.

This was a distinct crack. It was visible both front and back, straight horizontal from the bolt hole going right.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98 , Waterloo
Wow, I hope I don't run into this. Mine isn't leaking yet so maybe there is hope.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hammerhead
(08-11-2019 )tree98 Wrote:  Wow, I hope I don't run into this. Mine isn't leaking yet so maybe there is hope.

I'm sure you're fine.
I'm quite certain I know exactly when this happened:dodgy:
There's an over beer story about it...you're in PA right?

replyreply
08-12-2019, (Subject: 870 flywheel housing ) 
(08-11-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  ...
There's an over beer story about it...you're in PA right?

I wonder when your going to come this way for a week or so?. You have been saying it for years now.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
yes hammer, when you going to go see rawze?
replyreply
Yeah , hammer

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.