Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
08-15-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
Hi,
I am having problems with a 2014 VOLVO ISX15. The unit went into derate mode because the it ran out of DEF fluid. We had the unit towed back to our yard. The first thing I noticed is that the DEF gauge would read empty even after we top off the tank. I replaced the sending unit of the DEF with no change. Wondering if you had this problem in the past.
replyreply
08-15-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(08-15-2019 )cesaravila77 Wrote:  Hi,
I am having problems with a 2014 VOLVO ISX15. The unit went into derate mode because the it ran out of DEF fluid. We had the unit towed back to our yard. The first thing I noticed is that the DEF gauge would read empty even after we top off the tank. I replaced the sending unit of the DEF with no change. Wondering if you had this problem in the past.

it may not read anything until you fill the fuel tank too. the ecu associates the 2 together with some twisted logic sometimes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-28-2020, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
I just bought a 2015 cm 2350, chassis has 335000, miles, recon engine has 33,000 miles, by the looks of it none of the egr system was cleaned when they installed new engine. This truck is a heavy haul application and hauls 150 plus. My question is there are a couple additional sensors in the piping, one is n the delta p section, what is it and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing as well.
replyreply
07-28-2020, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(07-28-2020 )Redprblm Wrote:  I just bought a 2015 cm 2350, chassis has 335000, miles, recon engine has 33,000 miles, by the looks of it none of the egr system was cleaned when they installed new engine. This truck is a heavy haul application and hauls 150 plus. My question is there are a couple additional sensors in the piping, one is n the delta p section, what is it and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing as well.

If sensors look more than a couple years old, it might be better to replace them. Otherwise, if u can clean/brush them without using solvents, then they may still be ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-07-2021, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
I have a paccar engine. Can I ask a shop to print me a regen history? Are there any differences in EGR and Emissions maintenance between the cummins that you'all refer to here? I am very new to aftertreetment maitenance so trying to learn as much as I can bc Ive been broke down for a week now bc of EGR and emissions. I have taken the DPF out to clean but when put back together I couldn't get it to seal.
replyreply
The dpf and catalyst will only go back together exactly as they came apart, will need new gaskets after each time you pull them apart.
replyreply
yes I tried to line them up by marking them before but the SCR outlet pipe going to the tail pipe would just not seal(maybe its bc I lost the bolts for that flange that connects tail pipe to SCR outlet pipe idk)? obviously I removed all the sensors from the DPF and they seemed fine. when you go to replace diff press sensor does that whole thing come off bc that whole thing looked new when I took it off even though I have 690K miles on it. Do you need to remove/maintenance anything on the SCR system periodically? One last question: where is the pressure sensor before the turbo you are supposed to inspect/clean on the engine? any other sensors on the engine I should look at (I already replaced NOX sensors(both)).
replyreply
Excuse me: *bracket NOT flange(V clamp). The bracket I left unbolted thinking the V clamp would just keep the two pipes together...
replyreply
08-23-2023, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(07-22-2017 )hhow55 Wrote:  I'm having a problem with my 2009 kw cm871, and i sure would appreciate some input.
On my last run i noticed my coolant temp's are going to 208F, then the fan kicks in, and the temp's go down to 195f. Then i see my fuel mileage beginning to decline. The dpf light come's on, and i do a stationary regen. Then all is well, fuel mileage is up, and the coolant temp is normal. And before the stationary regen, i'm noticing bluish smoke, only when climbing a hill or mountain, however this bluish smoke goe's away after the stationary regen. I'm hoping the doc is not cracked. If the doc is cracked, wouldn't it have a bluish smoke at all times?
Please advise, much appreciated
Thanks

I have had this issue a few times in our fleet. Every time I've had this issue was during a Regen. I have always found the smoking from an exhaust leak from the head(exhaust manifold gaskets) to the DOC. Run a Regen and wait for smoke to show itself. Be patient till the dpf temps go up (that's when fuel is injected toward the doc) when an exhaust leak is between these points oxygen gets in the system and allows the diesel to ignite.(why it smokes) as to the coolant temps this is normal. During regens or pulls coolant temps frequently go up to 210(pressurized systems don't boil until upward of 230) if your thermostats are good and radiator isn't plugged with a working fan your temps will be between 180 and 210.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.