Last straw
10-01-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
RE: Last straw
(10-01-2019 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Ugh!
That is a serious kick in the pants!

And it is not the club a guy wants to belong too... I hope he has the finances to fix this mess... I have to wonder if the ledges in the block were properly cut? I guess we shall soon find out.
replyreply
10-02-2019, (Subject: Last straw ) 
I thought the rebuild was on the previous owner?

User's Signature: 2011 Prostar Cummins 871
replyreply
Gona limp her home and rent a truck while she gets a new head and liners checked if measurements are off gona have liners pulled recut and set right.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
(10-02-2019 )Lonestar10 Wrote:  Gona limp her home and rent a truck while she gets a new head and liners checked if measurements are off gona have liners pulled recut and set right.

I told him to let Mr. Hag replace the head and re-cut the liners, etc. so that it does not have to be questioned.

He said last night that he is instead going to put it back together and let someone else closer to him where he lives do it. He is convinced himself that his local mechanic can do the job the right ways. Personally though, I think that will be his next big mistake, seen it too many times.

-- Have I predicted the future?

Hopefully, I am wrong.

--- Also,.. I told him that if those liners are not sitting at 0.014" height when the head comes off, -- THEY NEED TO BE RE-CUT! and liners raised!. IF YOU PULL THAT HEAD OFF -- DO EVERYTHING NECESSARY FOR THE THING TO LAST ANOTHER MILLION MILES PROPERLY!!!!!!

That half-arssed Stealers$it that did it the first time is not likely to have done this no matter what the damn invoice of wasted $19,500+ money says.

We shall see if he is simply stubborn, or his continued gambling on his trucks future was or was not a wise decision.

-- Maybe he will read this post and see the irony in what he said last night ... If it were someone else and he was reading this thread, the correct things to do would be obvious I think.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
My exact first thought, you can rent a truck their in GA, leave the truck there in Griffin and let Mr Hagg do the work. Rawze, I am sure will be there, and more than likely cut the ledges himself, along with measuring and setting the liners.

Do not trust anyone to do this job correctly other than Rawze or Mr Hagg. Also, you will get the best possible prices on the parts, guaranteed that you WILL get a new head, and the job will be done in a timely and proper manner, it will be done right.

Park that truck off to the side at the compound, put some planters on it and call it a lawn ornament to keep Rawze's neighbors at bay. LOL!

I ignored Rawze's advice once regarding my first in frame, it cost me $40,000 and months of lost freight, hell, much much more than that both financially and personally. My substantial gut says Lonestar10, leave that truck there in Griffin.

Don't be a victim, again.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf
Well atleast now the man knows exactly what's wrong with this engine that's been a problem for quite a while. Good luck to you Lonestar.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
If I were to take a good stab at what I think is going on, I would say that he's going to take it home and put a big for sale sign on it. It obviously runs and sounds just fine. It's not until you start calculating fuel mileage that it really exposes what a piece of garbage it is. This thing's prime candidate to be dumped on the next sucker.
replyreply
I agree fellas too much is at risk.

I would be calling the bank and saying that our truck needs $20,000 in motor work. Hopefully he has a good banker that understands.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
(10-02-2019 )Chamberpains Wrote:  If I were to take a good stab at what I think is going on, I would say that he's going to take it home and put a big for sale sign on it. It obviously runs and sounds just fine. It's not until you start calculating fuel mileage that it really exposes what a piece of garbage it is. This thing's prime candidate to be dumped on the next sucker.

I would hope that isn't the man's plan.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.