Fuel pump question
10-08-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
RE: Fuel pump question
just get a head and the guts and move on. Just for reference chances are the HPA(high pressure regulator) on that pump head is most likely done or shaky aswell. When they get extreme high to low side leaks it wears them out fast as the pump is always ramping up and down excessively.

this is why everyone should take the head off the pump once on a new truck because its always full of surprises.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Skman , trucklogger2 , Rawze
(10-08-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  just get a head and the guts and move on. Just for reference chances are the HPA(high pressure regulator) on that pump head is most likely done or shaky aswell. When they get extreme high to low side leaks it wears them out fast as the pump is always ramping up and down excessively.

this is why everyone should take the head off the pump once on a new truck because its always full of surprises.

Does the high pressure regulator come with the new head usually?
replyreply
(10-08-2019 )Unilevers Wrote:  just get a head and the guts and move on. Just for reference chances are the HPA(high pressure regulator) on that pump head is most likely done or shaky aswell. When they get extreme high to low side leaks it wears them out fast as the pump is always ramping up and down excessively.

Btw Unilevers...I stopped by the shop a few weeks back but you were out. I'm wanting to get you to check out my programming or update it to yours. I'll PM you in the near future to figure out how we can do it up.
replyreply
oh dam, shoulda called/txted me. Ya pm me we can get a date sorted out.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
(10-08-2019 )Skman Wrote:  

Does the high pressure regulator come with the new head usually?

you have to buy it separate, it is not part of the head nor is the rear block it sits in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Skman
10-10-2019, (Subject: Fuel pump question ) 
Just to update:
Took the truck out today and gave her a workout and it didn't throw a code at all. EGT also was lower again. So the fuel issue seems to be fixed now.
Unfortunately now the autoshift is acting up again. Mechanic pulled it outta the shop to test drive it and the splitter/range wasn't working. Would only shift 2 gears at a time and wouldn't go past 10th. We got under and tapped a couple sensors and pushed in the plugs. Then it worked fine.
Now today... it gets to 10th and you have to manually take it to 12 or its hangs up in 11th and the speedo stops working. Also, does this at 13th...need to skip from 12 to 14th or it hangs and speedo stops.
I'm gonna look at it this weekend. Hoping its just a bad connection at the output speed sensor.
Ugh..this truck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.