DEF gauge
12-01-2019, (Subject: DEF gauge ) 
RE: DEF gauge
(12-01-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  My truck will use between five and six gallons of DEF every 1000 miles or there about. Don't know if that's a lot or about normal. Just know that's what my truck does.

If only I was close to Atlanta. DEF would be one less thing to worry with.

My truck is pre-DEF and yes. It is fabulous not having to fuss about finding DEF and filling that extra tank

User's Signature: I have no idea what I’m doing and probably need supervising
replyreply
12-01-2019, (Subject: DEF gauge ) 
So get this, I filled up the DEF and the ABS and TC light went off...

User's Signature: We're a full grid off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
12-02-2019, (Subject: DEF gauge ) 
(12-01-2019 )Mattman Wrote:  
Rawze Wrote:...
for trucks that take DEf fluid, there is a 10% silent power derate that kicks in for the engine when you fill the fuel tanks and do not top off the DEf.

I.E.> The engine maker/epa wants you to fill that DEF tank up every time you fuel, or face a silent 10% power penalty.

This is news to me. Some places I fuel don't have Def at the pump so I only get fuel. Will pay more attention in the future.

This is nothing new. It can be seen in the the ecm programming if a person knows where to look for it.

some older mentions of it...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...72#pid3072
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid38864

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mattman
12-02-2019, (Subject: DEF gauge ) 
(12-01-2019 )Paccardude Wrote:  So get this, I filled up the DEF and the ABS and TC light went off...

The fun is just beginning... There is much to learn grasshopper.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Paccardude

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.