Light bulbs
03-22-2020, (Subject: Light bulbs ) 
RE: Light bulbs
Just remember what ever bullshit light you put in other than factory people are having to deal with it all night as you go by. Some of these guys with there freaking headlights and fog lights are just straight up assholes. Don’t be one of them please.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , redbeard , Chamberpains , Roysbigtoys , SquareOne , Baco74 , fishermen13 , Explosia
A properly speced led won't blind people unlike some of these guys putting those cheap lights in 379s that blind the crap out of you. Freightliners that have LEDs from factory are aimed to high on low and stupid high on high. When I had mine at Crete with them I adjusted them correctly and from that day forward the amount of people bright lighting me when I had lows on dropped by atleast 75%. And I loved those lights the side to side and out front visibility was amazing. And I never had any real problem with them when they iced over I lost some forward visibility but even with 1/4in of ice I still had safe visibility on the road had one night there was almost 3in of ice sticking out from front of truck due to freezing fog and was still good driving the 150 miles in that fog to Bismarck ND

The thing I hate about halogens is you get into rain at night in cities and white lines disappear but with the LEDs I could see them as clear as day.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , JimT
Also another little known fact is how the headlights are adjusted..... if you look on the lense, where it says D.O.T and the bulb type, it will say VOL or VOR. (Visual optics Left or Visual optics Right)

Jw speakers are all VOR whereas alot of halogen housings are VOL. Most do not know this and they are actual aimed differently.....

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
Can you go a little deeper in to that Brock?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fishermen13
(03-22-2020 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Can you go a little deeper in to that Brock?

https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/publications/re...aiming.cfm

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys , Chamberpains , fishermen13
Go on CarID they have a heavy duty section. I purchased some LED Lumen brand set for my personal vehicle and im satisfied with them. I had HID on before and the HID in my opinion are the brighter light. I will be looking to put HID on 2015 ProStar in the future. Also I currently have halogen on my freightliner , but i added some LED fog lights i got on amazon for $45 and they made a world of difference when im on I80.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fishermen13
(03-22-2020 )Magard Wrote:  Just remember what ever bullshit light you put in other than factory people are having to deal with it all night as you go by. Some of these guys with there freaking headlights and fog lights are just straight up assholes. Don’t be one of them please.

^^^^ This --- 100% ---....there was a certain truck I would see nearly every damn night last summer. Had a freakin light bar aimed high that he'd keep on and drive with! Prayed every time that jacka$$ came around that he'd get grabbed by highway patrol! Had no idea how pi$$ed off I could get over someone constantly blinding me in the rearview. Cool, calm....rolling my 63ish down I-10, then BAMM.....immediately see red when he was coming from behind---after the spots would clear in my eyes of coarse!

- Brock has an excellent point. Nothing wrong with bright lamps as long as they're properly aimed (which most dont know or dont care to do).

- Lonestar, that's no joke either about those damn full LED headlamps in the 379's....about 9 out of 10 car haulers around here run them. Ask me how I know lmao!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , Magard , Roysbigtoys , fishermen13
03-31-2020, (Subject: Light bulbs ) 
my apologize you guys i have a kennworth t700 2013 thanks for all the input and if its a different route i should take let me know thanks again
replyreply
01-25-2024, (Subject: Light bulbs ) 
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.