Water in fuel indicator
07-20-2020, (Subject: Water in fuel indicator ) 
RE: Water in fuel indicator
(07-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  I have a davco . Filter was changed roughly 2 mos ago and there is no fuel or water in it whatsoever. Its completely dry. No problems starting truck. IDK id think there be fuel or water in there by now?

It shouldn't be completely empty. I had this problem a few months back. A "tech" forgot to replace the o-ring on the top cap of the davco and instead of sucking fuel from the tank it was sucking air from the cap. Other causes could be the clear housing not being tight enough or some other area, lines, fittings, etc, that is letting air into the system. If this happened following the filter change I'd start but inspecting the o-rings on the unit, maybe replacing the upper clear plastic section if needed.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
Just replaced my davco filter fuel level sits just below the black locking ring tends to come up a bit till fuel gets warm then goes back down

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: amermextrucker
(07-20-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(07-19-2020 )amermextrucker Wrote:  I have a davco . Filter was changed roughly 2 mos ago and there is no fuel or water in it whatsoever. Its completely dry. No problems starting truck. IDK id think there be fuel or water in there by now?

It shouldn't be completely empty. I had this problem a few months back. A "tech" forgot to replace the o-ring on the top cap of the davco and instead of sucking fuel from the tank it was sucking air from the cap. Other causes could be the clear housing not being tight enough or some other area, lines, fittings, etc, that is letting air into the system. If this happened following the filter change I'd start but inspecting the o-rings on the unit, maybe replacing the upper clear plastic section if needed.
I'm going to look into it.
replyreply
07-21-2020, (Subject: Water in fuel indicator ) 
if the filter you used is too coarse then the fuel will not ride up onto the filter element very much. Kinda defeats the purpose of installing the secondary filter if some moron is using a 40 or 50+ micron filter in their davco. - Should be using a 10 or 7 micron filter so the fuel system stays clean. Dam#$mned oil change places are notorious for putting coarse filter in your davco if you do not say something.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.