SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13
08-30-2020, (Subject: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 ) 
RE: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13
I think some poeple in Chicago, IL did the egr delete. I think they were messing with compute or replaced some bypass software idk, but that was long time ago also to mention my truck was rebuild 200k miles ago or 2.5 years. Since the egr and dpf is delete i won’t be eligivle for warranty. I will have to take it to my local shop tommorow to check. I guess i will just hace to pray is the actuator not the whole turbo. There is exhaust tempreture sensor but since the delete that temp. Is always the same
replyreply
Chicago eh? Is this your truck or a company truck?

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
This is my truck, but i’ve been driving it for 5 years almost 2.5years as driver and now another 2.5 as owner operator i bought it from the company that i’m working for.
replyreply
(08-30-2020 )Roadranger Wrote:  I think some poeple in Chicago, IL did the egr delete.

Sounds to me so far, your problems are 2-fold ... turbo issues and garbage programming doomed to shorten engine and trubocharger lifespan. Your exhaust system may be a third problem as well.

(programming)...
Your pissing up wind unless you get that garbage program out of that thing and put something non-harmful in it instead. - Many drivers do this themselves after finding this forum, as they don't trust anyone.

I guarantee you your program is harmful to that engine and turbo. Never seen anything come out of Chicago area that was even half-way right. Sounds like You've been driving it so long with a bad program in it that you had best bet the engine is doomed to suffer another premature failure again in the future.

I bet they paid a few thousands for that crap too... The irony is that the best program for the 2250's is absolutely free if you just knuckle down, spend a few hundred for an adapter (+ have a laptop) for yourself and get the stuff to do it on your own. -- Many ppl on this forum have gone that route who knew nothing about it when they came here after getting tired of replacing failed engine components, wasting money, etc.

Get an adapter off flea-bay, get Insite going, then Learn to at least make a copy of the program so that you can get some assistance on straightening it out for yourself.

(exhaust/intake)...
-- I also bet that they never hollowed out those cans properly either... most them are lazy F$ks! who could care less and now its all starting to catch up to you.

-- DO YOURSELF A FAVOR -- BEFORE ACCUSING ONLY YOUR TURBO ... Pull the exhaust pipe off the front of the DOC canister (just before the first exhaust can) that leads down from the turbo, take it for a test drive under full operating loads, and see if some of your power and boost come back/goes up ... That is the easiest way to tell if the exhaust system is now getting clogged up because of half-adfrssed or improper workmanship when the del. was done. Whaile your at it, you should also replace the intake air filter for the engine/truck too, so that it can breathe easily. Be a huge waste of money to replace a turbo if the intake or exhaust cannot breathe properly.

(turbo)...
...YOU OWN IT ... There is no reason why, unless you just want to waste money all the time to take the truck to other people who charge big $$$ for getting small to medium repairs done -- LEARN TO DO THESE TYPES OF REPAIRS INCLUDING INSPECTING AND REPLACING YOUR TURBO YOURSELF!.

The old saying goes .. We can lead the horse to water ... but they have to drink it for themselves. -- you wanted some help -- people are trying to help you... you just have to listen and start down that road, investing in yourself and your business.

should also start reading thru the bad delete collection thread ... educate yourself on how bad it really is out there ... I am thinking your posts are going to be next on this list ... ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pd6cas2 , JMBT
I just read your reply. I beleive you are right even me as a driver i know how some people can be when you go to the shop. Back then i think he said he paid $1500 but it actually don’t matter because now i will be the one paying for his bullshit that he did on this truck damn. Is there a chance you can send me link where can i buy that insite and plug that i need ?

I will try to take out the exhaust pipe tommorow and see how this truck will act.
replyreply
(08-30-2020 )Roadranger Wrote:  I just read your reply. I beleive you are right even me as a driver i know how some people can be when you go to the shop. Back then i think he said he paid $1500 but it actually don’t matter because now i will be the one paying for his bullshit that he did on this truck damn. Is there a chance you can send me link where can i buy that insite and plug that i need ?

I will try to take out the exhaust pipe tommorow and see how this truck will act.

Here is the reader just about all of us use here... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...SwIJlZ9U~7

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
08-31-2020, (Subject: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 ) 
I took the truck to the mechanic earlier today. He gave me call few hours later said turbo and actuator is bad which sucks
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
08-31-2020, (Subject: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 ) 
next step is to get that program looked at ASAP! Bad delete programs can kill the turbo and eventually the engine.

Also, make sure all the cans, DOC/DPF/SCR are 100% empty. Not just a few holes drilled out. ALL 100% EMPTY. Otherwise your just gonna kill another turbo with excess heat and backpressure.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-01-2020, (Subject: SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 7/ SA 0 SPN 641 FMI 13 ) 
(08-31-2020 )Roadranger Wrote:  I took the truck to the mechanic earlier today. He gave me call few hours later said turbo and actuator is bad which sucks

You can save quite a bit of money and get a better turbo if you call YTS down in Georgia. They will ship it to wherever you are.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.