ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
10-12-2020, (Subject: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP ) 
RE: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP
That is indeed a cm2250. Built a few months before my engine (also in a 2012 pete 587).

The ESN is the top left number on the data plate. (showing 79459048)

You're problem appears to be related to low voltage, as Mr. Hagg mentioned. Another cause could be bad wire(s) inside a wiring harness that were disturbed during the EGR tune-up. Or maybe you just left something on (a light?) which drained the batteries while you worked on it. Either way I'd say charge up the batteries or properly jump start it.

Another battery related item to look at are the cabled inside that battery box. When I changed out my batteries I didn't know at the time but the copper wires had corroded inside one of the positive (red) terminal connectors and bouncing down the road it finally came loose and arced inside the aluminum box.

Of particular concern to you should be the fuel pump and the ceramic plungers, which were almost guaranteed to be inside your pump unless it was addressed at some point.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , kellyedrew
(10-12-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Rawze. The serial number is 727U7471. I thought it was an 870 due to it having the EGR on the passengers side. I didnt think changing them would effect the engine to the point of not turning over, but I am new to the ISX world.

727U7471 does not seems to be a valid number.. maybe a pic or 2 of the data-plate?

Most likely the engine is a CM2250 for a 2012 truck.

The esn#(engine serial number) is 79459048 ... just letting you know.

If you don't have an account on quickserv, you should use that number to register your engine ... it is free access to all info related to your engine including parts and manuals.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kellyedrew
(10-12-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Early CM2250 going by engine number. Do you have Insite?

I don’t have any computer equipment.
replyreply
10-13-2020, (Subject: ISX 15 NOT TURNING OVER AFTER EGR TUNEUP ) 
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  
(10-12-2020 )Signature620 Wrote:  Early CM2250 going by engine number. Do you have Insite?

I don’t have any computer equipment.

If you are going to own that truck you will need an Inline 6 reader and the Cummins Insite software, most of us purchase ours on eBay, here is a link to one that I use... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cummins-INLINE-...SwIJlZ9U~7

You will need that, and go to Cummins Quickserve and open a free account, here is the link, you will need the Engine Serial Number to register, the ESN number. https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

You will need a laptop, I use my MacBook Air, or you can use any model/brand PC that runs Windows 7 or Windows 10 with at least one USB output. You do not need anything fancy, nor a lot of memory or hard drive space. Many purchase an inexpensive laptop, a refurbished one or find one on sale at say Walmart. Load up the software for the truck and leave it alone, this computer is for diagnostic purposes only. The first time you use it the entire setup will have already paid for itself. I will pm you some instructions.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Are you hearing anything when the key is turned to the start position? Hard click or similar sound?
replyreply
(10-13-2020 )SquareOne Wrote:  Are you hearing anything when the key is turned to the start position? Hard click or similar sound?

No sounds at all. So it doesnt sound like power is making it to the starter solenoid.
replyreply
(10-12-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  Thanks for the reply Rawze. The serial number is 727U7471. I thought it was an 870 due to it having the EGR on the passengers side. I didnt think changing them would effect the engine to the point of not turning over, but I am new to the ISX world.

727U7471 does not seems to be a valid number.. maybe a pic or 2 of the data-plate?

If you don't have an account on quickserv, you should use that number to register your engine ... it is free access to all info related to your engine including parts and manuals.

Hey Rawze I have another question. It appears this is the original EGR valve as it is still painted red. It was sooted up pretty good on the inside. I was able to clean it up and free up the butterfly valve as the bottom bearing was sticky. It appears to be operating smoothly now. My question is: If a valve is frozen up like mine was does it damage it by "freeing" the butterfly up? Like using a plastic pry tool and working it back and forth unitl it closes freely on its own?
replyreply
(10-13-2020 )kellyedrew Wrote:  

Hey Rawze I have another question. It appears this is the original EGR valve as it is still painted red. It was sooted up pretty good on the inside. I was able to clean it up and free up the butterfly valve as the bottom bearing was sticky. It appears to be operating smoothly now. My question is: If a valve is frozen up like mine was does it damage it by "freeing" the butterfly up? Like using a plastic pry tool and working it back and forth unitl it closes freely on its own?

You should be good, most can handle at least one cleaning.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
Thanks!!!! I replaced all four batteries a month ago, but I'll check the cables in the back as I could have left one off since I changed them on the roadside. LOL
[/quote]

Ummm what was the problem that had you changing batteries on the side of the road? Something electrical? Did you find the cause? If not might still be the issue.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.