Cm2350 overhaul questions
09-09-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 overhaul questions ) 
RE: Cm2350 overhaul questions
How long would an engine last without setting cylinder protrusion?
replyreply
(09-09-2021 )Smiling lemon Wrote:  How long would an engine last without setting cylinder protrusion?

about 3 months and pop the gasket + ruin the bottom of the head all over over again. I see people do this mistake all the time and deeply regret it. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid41315

Even if you counter-bore it, and set it back at the factory 0.010" .. the engine will not last 4 maybe 5 years most of the time before failing again.

The only way to extend its actual expected lifespan so that it reliably makes it another million miles (to get the full return on the investment of spending $20k plus moneys), is to raise the liners to 0.015" during the inframe. it is not just the mid-stops that wear but the retainers at the top of the block too.. this is why you increase the clamping force the second time around.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-09-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  about 3 months and pop the gasket + ruin the bottom of the head all over over again. I see people do this mistake all the time and deeply regret it. ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid41315

I watched trough the series of you overhauling your 871. Do you still have all the tools?
replyreply
This is one of the issues I am having because of whatever is going on in there(demandated plus lots of moisture)

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
That is not normal. Maybe cans that were only partially hollowed out and it's now blowing old soot out???

Does it smoke like a freight train going down the road?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(09-09-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  That is not normal. Maybe cans that were only partially hollowed out and it's now blowing old soot out???

Does it smoke like a freight train going down the road?

No, everything was done properly but a renowned shop. My theory is some of the coolant is going through the exhaust system and grabbing the soot on its way out.

This stuff spilled out of my coolant filter when I changed it

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-10-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 overhaul questions ) 
Did you have the truck off in an area where one of the hurricanes that recently went through? That looks an awful lot like some sideways blowing rain got down your pipes and it vomited it out when you started it up.

The rust colored coolant is quite concerning though. Have it tested for combustion gasses.
replyreply
Are you implying that is what your coolant looks like?...

I guess some people just want to tear their equipment up by running the wrong coolant.. or only water?...

if your coolant is really that rusty.. then YOUR GOING TO BURN HOLES RIGHT THROUGH YOUR LINERS!!!! -- YOU CANNOT RUN WATER ONLY, OR WATERED DOWN COOLANT IN A WET-LINER ENGINE LIKE THE ISX.. IT WILL DESTROY IT IN A VERY SHORT TIME!

some references to different kinds of coolant is towards the bottom of this article...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...14#pid1114

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-10-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I guess some people just want to tear their equipment up by running the wrong coolant.. or only water?...

That came out of the coolant filter. I have been running the red stuff(peak nitrate free). I might have the mixture off but up front it seem proper(-25 freeze level so it is not a perfect 50/50[or combustion gasses have lowered its effectiveness])
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.