Oil leak on backside of motor
09-26-2021, (Subject: Oil leak on backside of motor ) 
RE: Oil leak on backside of motor
(09-17-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  That also looks like a "Baldwin" (after-market) brand of fuel filter in the first pic.

I HOPE LIKE ALL H#ELL THAT YOUR NOT USING BALDWIN OIL FILTERS TOO!!!...

REF: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...2#pid22182

====================

(From left to right) ...

* (far left) Your oil dip-stick line is not secure. That is not good for it ... causes it to vibrate and bounce around going down the road. This is an issue.

* There is a small Wire that is A:) Unprotected by split-loom .. and B:) Rubbing against the oput-side of a clamp where it can short out.

* There is ANOTHER larger set of wires running over a sharp part of the frame.. same thing ... potential for a short or other problems.

* (far right) You Also have an un-protected (plastic, colored pink) air line running against the compressor outlet air-line. THAT compressor air-line (silver braided line) GETS VERY VERY HOT during normal operation. It will cause the other (pink) air line to get brittle prematurely and fail... if not melt a hole thru it one day.

I think I got it all.What do you think?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Will the dipstick be good at this angle? It’s forward a bit towards the frame and back towards the cab a little bit.Or should I secure it somewhere else?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(09-26-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Will the dipstick be good at this angle? It’s forward a bit towards the frame and back towards the cab a little bit.Or should I secure it somewhere else?

that looks a whole lot better.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(09-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-26-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Will the dipstick be good at this angle? It’s forward a bit towards the frame and back towards the cab a little bit.Or should I secure it somewhere else?

that looks a whole lot better.

I also got Fleetguard replacement filters from the KW dealer for the next go around.
replyreply
09-27-2021, (Subject: Oil leak on backside of motor ) 
I would say this is much better buuut... Pad the dipstick tube where it's resting against the frame and zip tie it to the hose clamp. Also if that purple air line is flopping around anywhere and rubbing against anything like that bunch of wires in the loom, then pad it there and zip tie it fast also.

Your clutch linkage pivot points look dry. Throw some grease at them and some dry lube or anti-sieze at the steel pins. Hopefully you know there is also another pivot point way underneath the cab that has a grease zerk. It's above the clutch cross shafts attached to the bottom of the cab. I found mine when I had the transmission out other than that I would've never noticed it could take grease.

Also make sure your greasing the upper and lower ujoints on the steering shaft. I found after taking the truck to the speedco for a quick grease job, they never touched any of this stuff. I've asked many people if they knew about these grease points and they had no clue they where there or if they had ever greased them.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.