HP gain
06-26-2022, (Subject: HP gain ) 
HP gain
Hello everyone,

I’m trying to “turn up” my ISX and I was told This is the place to ask.

Shops around me won’t touch it because of emissions. I’m not trying to mess with emissions just looking for a little more power. Finally they Dealer said they could to it but after further research Cummins told them there is no available update/tune for my engine “because it was a very specific built engine.” Guy at the dealer said he’s never seen or heard of something like this. They were willing to do the tune of Cummins would provide it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Sorry for the ignorance I come from older cats and detroits.

Info given to me from dealer….

2004 signature series Cm870

Serial # 79052701

450hp
1550 tq

Thanks,
replyreply
RE: HP gain
(06-26-2022 )o96r Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I’m trying to “turn up” my ISX and I was told This is the place to ask.

Shops around me won’t touch it because of emissions. I’m not trying to mess with emissions just looking for a little more power. Finally they Dealer said they could to it but after further research Cummins told them there is no available update/tune for my engine “because it was a very specific built engine.” Guy at the dealer said he’s never seen or heard of something like this. They were willing to do the tune of Cummins would provide it. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Sorry for the ignorance I come from older cats and detroits.

Info given to me from dealer….

2004 signature series Cm870

Serial # 79052701

450hp
1550 tq

Thanks,. It already has the bigger HP injectors in it for 550HP. As long as you are not going to heavy-haul with it, can go to about 1790 trq and 535HP easily with no loss in longevity.

Someone just needs to take the factory 'AB10423' program and adjust the HP/torque to what is desired on it before flashing it in.

It is a run of the mill CPL 8520 engine. Noting special about it other than the cams need to be set a 6/6 offset rather than 4/6 during an inframe. It is quite common of an engine and is not 'special'.

Yours is also a a typical 2-engine brake solenoid engine, so it needs a compitable program as such.

As far as standard programs from cummins goes that any stealers$it can flash into it, a compare of the more than 6,800+ settings in the program reveals that ...

* Program AB10525 (500HP, 1650Trq) is 100% compitable with your ser# engine.

* Program AB10487 (450HP, 1750Trq) is also 100% compatible with your ser# engine.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(06-26-2022 )Rawze Wrote:  It is a run of the mill CPL 8520 engine. Noting special about it other than the cams need to be set a 6/6 offset rather than 4/6 during an inframe. It is quite common of an engine and is not 'special'.

Yours is also a a typical 2-engine brake solenoid engine, so it needs a compitable program as such.

As far as standard programs from cummins goes that any stealers$it can flash into it, a compare of the more than 6,800+ settings in the program reveals that ...

* Program AB10525 (500HP, 1650Trq) is 100% compitable with your ser# engine.

* Program AB10487 (450HP, 1750Trq) is also 100% compatible with your ser# engine.

Thanks! Now to try and find someone who can do it near Chicago. I didn’t think what they said was true. And it’s not like I’m trying to tune to 700 hp. Just want to wake her up a little
replyreply
06-27-2022, (Subject: HP gain ) 
(06-26-2022 )o96r Wrote:  ...
Thanks! Now to try and find someone who can do it near Chicago. I didn’t think what they said was true. And it’s not like I’m trying to tune to 700 hp. Just want to wake her up a little

Just about any stealers$it can flash one of those programs that I mentioned into it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: o96r
11-10-2022, (Subject: HP gain ) 
Im still having issues finding someone to do it… what kind of computer or software does one need to do it themselves…. I’d that even possible?
replyreply
(11-10-2022 )o96r Wrote:  Im still having issues finding someone to do it… what kind of computer or software does one need to do it themselves…. I’d that even possible?

Any OEM stealers$it should be able to put Program AB10525 into it.

If you are looking for your own version of the Insite + adapter.. just google "cummins inline-6 kit" and you will find plenty of websites that sell them for about $300 or so.

replyreply
I'm about 4 hours north of you. I've been to Chicago twice since your original post. Should be there sometime over Xmas also. It would be pretty straight forward to flash the stock cal that rawze pointed out. Feel free to pm me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
11-11-2022, (Subject: HP gain ) 
If you’re ever near Spartanburg sc I can do it
replyreply
11-13-2022, (Subject: HP gain ) 
Thanks guys!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.