2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate
03-06-2023, (Subject: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate ) 
RE: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate
the delta-p sensor is to the right of the fuel filter.. against the engine block.. kinda hidden back there. be sure to clean out the feed-tubes for it too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Ron1
03-13-2023, (Subject: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate ) 
Update,

I was able to get insite and the inline 5 working and was able to pull data from my N14 through the j 1708 port, as a test. So I am fairly confident I have it set up correctly.

I am however not able to get into the ISX ECM. I have 12 volts at the J 1939 port on the dash and have OHMED out pins c/d and get 59.4 ohms. When I plug in the inline 5 none of the lights to red (power light) come on. I used my volt meter and have power on the serial side of the adapter that plugs into the inline 5 while it is still plugged into the 1939 connection so I feel the unit should bee getting power. It's like it does not recognize the unit at all when plugged into the 1939 connection.

It seems that the 1939 adapters is good. Is there something in the inline 5 settings you need to change to read the 1939 port?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Ron
replyreply
You should be checking for 60 ohms out on the data link connector. On 870's they are hiding behind the air compressor usually. Battery power on the J1939 plug is pin B.

If your getting power and ground through the plug up to the inline device, and it isn't powering up, it's possible you got a dud. It does happen time to time.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(03-13-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  You should be checking for 60 ohms out on the data link connector. On 870's they are hiding behind the air compressor usually. Battery power on the J1939 plug is pin B.

If your getting power and ground through the plug up to the inline device, and it isn't powering up, it's possible you got a dud. It does happen time to time.

Tree98, some gremlins are running around in my truck and are laughing at me lol. So like I mentioned the in-line 5 works and I was able to figure out why my Jake brake is not working on my n 14. It’s neat that you can see things like the clutch switch position and switches on/off on the dash! I’m pretty excited to have this tool.
So I tried doing a little trouble shooting on the in-line 5… I grabbed a couple wires and hooked the 9 pin j 1939 adapter that came with the in-line 5 and hooked up the serial end to the in-line 5 and put a hot and ground off a battery and the lights came on, on the in-line 5 (power light).
1.So I feel at this point I eliminated that the j1939 adapter cord and the in-line could be bad.
2.I have 12v at the 9 pin j1939 connector on the dash.

The only thing I can figure at this point (it’s dark out now) is the pins are not making a connection between the male and female 9pin j1939. I’ll try more tomorrow. I m hoping that’s all it is. Kinda like having to spread the connectors on a trailer connection.
replyreply
(03-13-2023 )tree98 Wrote:  You should be checking for 60 ohms out on the data link connector. On 870's they are hiding behind the air compressor usually. Battery power on the J1939 plug is pin B.

Tree98, some gremlins are running around in my truck and are laughing at me lol. So like I mentioned the in-line 5 works and I was able to figure out why my Jake brake is not working on my n 14. It’s neat that you can see things like the clutch switch position and switches on/off on the dash! I’m pretty excited to have this tool.
So I tried doing a little trouble shooting on the in-line 5… I grabbed a couple wires and hooked the 9 pin j 1939 adapter that came with the in-line 5 and hooked up the serial end to the in-line 5 and put a hot and ground off a battery and the lights came on, on the in-line 5 (power light).
1.So I feel at this point I eliminated that the j1939 adapter cord and the in-line could be bad.

The only thing I can figure at this point (it’s dark out now) is the pins are not making a connection between the male and female 9pin j1939. I’ll try more tomorrow. I m hoping that’s all it is. Kinda like having to spread the connectors on a trailer connection.
replyreply
03-14-2023, (Subject: 2006 Cm 870 cold weather derate ) 
(03-13-2023 )Ron1 Wrote:  ...

On the CM870 vehicle ..
Why did you not just connect the adapter to the round duetch connector under the left side of the dash of the vehicle like most every one else uses>?.

also.. in Insite, make sure you have J1939 selected at the bottom as the connection type, instead of J1708.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze/tree98
I haven’t been able to get a connection there. Until just about an hour ago, feels good to get something working. I pulled every fuse and cleaned out them back in a data link lit up!!!
I was able to pull some codes out of it and most of them are EGR related but inactive?
replyreply
Here are the codes I pulled. I have not had enough time to do a complete get clean per Rawzes videos but will start to work on that soon.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
Looks like it's time for a demandate.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.