High EGT......HELP!!!!
11-27-2016, (Subject: High EGT......HELP!!!! ) 
RE: High EGT......HELP!!!!
you are close to Gearheads shop, he is very good with that engine and very reasonable as well, send him a PM.

User's Signature: In the immortal words of Romeo as he gazed upon Juliet's eyes..."Wait...We Drank What?!"
replyreply
You may want to go to quick serve.cummins.com and verify the parts numbers for the sensors you purchased. They very well may have, sold you an incorrect sensors.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
Verify you have high EGT not HIGH OIL TEMPERATURE. Probably you have cooling system problem when truck parked with PTO running cooling is bad and oil got hot?
Don't waste money with dealer go to gearhead
replyreply
(11-26-2016 )Freddieg37 Wrote:  ...

not throwing any codes just reading high exhaust gas temperatures.

STOP GUESSING! and STOP LETTING STEALERSHIPS WASTE YOUR MONEY TOO!.-- THAT IS ALL THEY ARE GOOD AT DOING!. -- PUTTING YOU OUT OF BUISNESS AND WASTING YOUR MONEY!

STOP DOING THAT!!! - OR YOU WILL GO OUT OF BUISNESS BY BEING LAZY AND THROWING YOUR PROBLEMS AT EVERYONE ELSE INSTEAD OF TAKING CONTROL OF THEM!. The trucking industry does not lend itself to people who do this!. that is why so many fail!

Are you sure it is high EGT's? or is it high EGR Temps? -- The way you describe the problem sounds like alarms for high EGR temps. Get the exact codes, etc. and post them here from Insite and go from there...

=============

In the mean time....

A bad EGR cooler (coated with soot) will make for high egr temps (and high egt's). As well, ANY KIND OF AFTER-MARKET EGR COOLER AND/OR CHARGE AIR COOLER LIKE DURALITE ETC... WILL CAUSE THE PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING BIG TIME!!!

AND ...

Without a boost and Pyro gauge on that thing you are guessing and wasting your time... YOU COULD HAVE purchased A whole lot of gauges FOR THE MONEY YOU HAVE WASTED by pawning your problems off onto stealerships...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-26-2016 )Freddieg37 Wrote:  ...

not throwing any codes just reading high exhaust gas temperatures.

STOP GUESSING! and STOP LETTING STEALERSHIPS WASTE YOUR MONEY TOO!.-- THAT IS ALL THEY ARE GOOD AT DOING!. -- PUTTING YOU OUT OF BUISNESS AND WASTING YOUR MONEY!

Are you sure it is high EGT's? or is it high EGR Temps? -- The way you describe the problem sounds like alarms for high EGR temps. Get the exact codes, etc. and post them here from Insite and go from there...

=============

In the mean time....

A bad EGR cooler (coated with soot) will make for high egr temps (and high egt's). As well, ANY KIND OF AFTER-MARKET EGR COOLER AND/OR CHARGE AIR COOLER LIKE DURALITE ETC... WILL CAUSE THE PROBLEMS YOU ARE HAVING BIG TIME!!!

Thank you for your reply, The dealership is telling me high EGT temps. and it is not throwing any codes. I've cleaned from the egr valve, egr cooler all the way to the doc, dpf replaced all the sensors under the hood.....I do not have the insight set up....thank you
replyreply
(11-27-2016 )snailexpress Wrote:  Verify you have high EGT not HIGH OIL TEMPERATURE. Probably you have cooling system problem when truck parked with PTO running cooling is bad and oil got hot?
Don't waste money with dealer go to gearhead

Thank you for the reply, in temperatures above say 70 the coolant gauge will go up (195) when I start moving for a minute, then comes back down to about 175, is it possible it runs to cool, it normally stays 175 and now that it is cool outside it doesn't go above 175.....thank you
replyreply
(11-27-2016 )Freddieg37 Wrote:  Thank you for your reply, The dealership is telling me high EGT temps. and it is not throwing any codes. I've cleaned from the egr valve, egr cooler all the way to the doc, dpf replaced all the sensors under the hood.....I do not have the insight set up....thank you

There is no such thing as "not throwing any codes" if you are getting check engine lights and red shutdown lamps!!!-- PERIOD!!! ---- There are codes! -- Engine and truck fault codes are what make the lights come on. -- get the correct codes via cummins Insite and stop guessing.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-27-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-27-2016 )Freddieg37 Wrote:  Thank you for your reply, The dealership is telling me high EGT temps. and it is not throwing any codes. I've cleaned from the egr valve, egr cooler all the way to the doc, dpf replaced all the sensors under the hood.....I do not have the insight set up....thank you

There is no such thing as "not throwing any codes" if you are getting check engine lights and red shutdown lamps!!!-- PERIOD!!! ---- There are codes! -- Engine and truck fault codes are what make the lights come on. -- get the correct codes via cummins Insite and stop guessing.

Thank you again for your reply....I will be going to the dealership tomorrow morning and find out the codes. Thank you
replyreply
11-28-2016, (Subject: High EGT......HELP!!!! ) 
At the very least you can always get the code by flipping the switch by the ecm plug (if equipped) to count the flashes when truck is parked. It'll flash red stop engine light and count the sequence to get the correct code. Than you can post the code here or type it into quickserve to see what it is. It'll save you a trip to the dealer.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.