Isx cm2250
01-30-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
RE: Isx cm2250
(01-29-2017 )joed2323 Wrote:  First and foremost read read read from all the great info that rawze put out on these motors.

You absolutely need to do egr tune-up, this will give you a starting point as to what you should expect further down the line with your after treatment system.

Pop your IMAP sensor out, you need a 10mm wrench, what does it look like, I'm guessing it is plugged? Has the egr cooler ever been replaced? Do you have any leaky exhaust component's? How about the after treatment injector or "7th injector" this causes lots of issues, is it red or silver? How bout the exhaust Mani? Wouldn't hurt to update your valve guide seals on the 2250 motors.

Their is countless posts that relate to your post so grab a seat and some coffee and start reading sir...

You can only reset and perform stationary regen using cummins insite

If you plan to keep this truck and not remove the mandate you need to purchase a laptop of you don't have one and pick up cummins insite and cummins quick serve if you plan to stay away from the stealerships
replyreply
Ok Thanks
Heading back to Vegas Tues
I have two days to do the tuneup and the sensors
replyreply
(01-30-2017 )showmat Wrote:  Ok Thanks
Heading back to Vegas Tues
I have two days to do the tuneup and the sensors

Expect it to take you those two full days, particularly if this is the trucks first EGR tune-up.
Just the experience of doing it makes it quicker and easier. And that doesn't take into account having to deal with the amount of soot y going to have to remove.
Good luck.
A bypass filter is an auxiliary filter added to the truck that only filters 2 gallons per minute instead of the the 100% of the filter mounted to your engine. However it filters those 2 gpm to a FAR cleaner state. It cleans far small particles than the full flow filter standard, which means it removes a significant percentage of the soot from the oil.
Read this for a more detailed explanation, http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=108

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Isn't Dr ISX in Vegas? I have not seen him around here for awhile, anyone have his info? Maybe you can PM Rawze, he may have it.

Also, check your SCR box on the side of the truck for leaks, cracks and or build up of dried up urea. This is common, and will cause all sorts of issues. My understanding, the box needs to be removed periodically to be power washed out and inspected.

The plungers on the fuel pump, I think, from what I have read, you can remove the head to inspect. I have no clue on how difficult this is, as I own the CM-871 which does not have such a pump. But, I have heard on here too, that the fuel pump should be replaced at 400,000 miles just for insurance, no matter the plunger material.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: showmat
02-07-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
***UPDATE*** ISX 450 CM2250 550K MILES T700KW
WENT BACK TO VEGAS AND GOT INTO THE ENGINE

ON THE TRIP OUT FROM CHICAGO I REPLACED THE DPF FILTER AND HAD THE DOC CLEANED
AFTER 500 MILES I GOT A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT WITH A INLET PRESSURE MESSAGE ON MY DASH. I WAS AVERAGING 3.4 MPG
NEXT IN VEGAS -
PULLED IMAP SENSOR/IT WAS DIRTY/REPLACED
PULLED DELTA P SENSOR/IT WAS DIRTY/REPLACED
REPLACED EXHAUST BACKPRESSURE SENSOR
PULLED EGR DOSER INJECTOR/NOT THAT DIRTY/REPLACED ANYWAY
THE NEW DOSER CAME WITH A FIBROUS ASBESTOUS LOOKING DISC THAT WENT INSIDE THE DOSER UNDERNEATH. THERE WAS NOT ONE IN THE OLD DOSER.
CLEANED ALL BODIES AND PARTS AND TUBES
EGR VALVE LOOKED NEW/DID NOT REMOVE
COULD NOT REMOVE EGR COOLER MYSELF/HAVE NO APPARENT LEAKS AND AM NOT LOSING COOLANT/LEFT AS IS
AM NOT LOSING OIL/ CONSTANT 40PSI
DID PM OIL CHANGE/REPLACED AIR FILTER/REPLACED CRANKCASE BREATHER FILTER WHICH WAS OIL SOAKED/CUMMINS CHANGED THAT AND NOW OFFER A LIFETIME REPLACEMENT WITHOUT A FILTER
HAD A REGEN DONE AND RESET CODES.
HEADED BACK TO CHICAGO (1900 MILES)

TRUCK RAN EXCEPTIONALLY WELL AT 700 MILES I GOT A CHECK ENGINE LIGHT THAT READ INLET EXHAUST TRAP PRESSURE ON MY DASH.
I CONTINUED DRIVING THE REMAINDER 1200MILES WITH NO ISSUES/ENGINE LIGHT STAYED ON.
FUEL CONSUMPTION WAS UP TP 5.6MPG
PARKED TRUCK NEXT DAY/ RECHECKED AND FAULT LIGHT NOW SAID INJECTOR SPILL VALVE 3.

I HAVE 7-10 DAYS TO WORK WITH.

I WOULD LIKE SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO NEXT?

THIS TRUCK HAS 550K MILES BUT WAS EXTREMELY CLEAN SO I BOUGHT IT.
THE PREVIOUS OWNER I BELIEVE TOOK IT TO THE POINT IT IS WITHOUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF HOW TO MAINTAIN IT.

I AM ALSO WILLING TO GO THE CUMMINS INSIGHT ROUTE ...COST?? DO I NEED THE YEARLY SUBSCRIPTIONS??

ANY AND ALL HELP IS GOOD.

LASTLY IF THERE ARE ANY RECOMMENDATIONS FOR REASONABLY PRICED HELP IN THE CHICAGO AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
TRYING TO AVOID KENWORTH/CUMMINS

THANKS
replyreply
02-07-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
When I had the injector spill valve on the screen of my dash it ended up being my 3 cylinder fuel pump. Could be different things though. My truck is 2011 cm2250. I think it's gonna have to be something with fuel... maybe injector, fuel rail, pressure sensor, fuel rail valve, fuel pump ect. You have a 2012 so u probably still have a 3 cylinder fuel pump. If you do you need to change to a 2 cylinder fuel pump with updated plungers and tappets asap before it destroys you're engine...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: overshot , Rawze
02-10-2017, (Subject: Isx cm2250 ) 
****isx cm2250

Still looking for answers
should I be posting somewhere else on this site?

I am in Chicago
hoping to head to Orlando around 2/20 with this tractor

did the EGR cooler tuneup as best as I could (see previous post)

2 codes came up on my dash along with check engine light (does not give code numbers)
-first was intake exhaust trap pressure
-second was Injector spill valve 3
Truck is running great otherwise.

Do I "jump" each time I see a check engine light or code?

If I buy the insight software is that going to direct me on the issues?
(I have computers whats the best website to buy an economical one)

At present my only resource is a Cummins Tech that comes out $125 hour

Whats the difference between an active and non active code?

Does anyone know of some qualified assistance I can get here in Chicago?

I am capable just need some direction.

HELPPPPP!!!!
replyreply
Active the problem is there now. Inactive the problem was there. Always check you inactive CEL to see if it's related to you activate CEL to do a better diagnosis
replyreply
Sounds like you need to solve your injector problems first. Maybe number 3 is bad injector?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: showmat

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.