bad oil cooler
05-01-2017, (Subject: bad oil cooler ) 
RE: bad oil cooler
(05-01-2017 )Roysbigtoys Wrote:  Rawze I want to know the reason why you recommend using only a very tiny amount of anti seize. As a man this goes against everything I know......more is always better...lol.

I was told by jerry over at haggai's that whenever he sees someone has used a lot of anti-sieze on exhaust manifold bolts, they tend to not stay put very well. Sometimes it can also make the problem of removing old bolts worse after several years of excess being in the threads in high heat applications too. It only takes a little bit for the stuff to work correctly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Roysbigtoys , Waterloo , Toolguy
05-26-2017, (Subject: bad oil cooler ) 
RE: bad oil cooler
Update:

When done fixing the truck after start up still had some fresh oil showing in water reservoir ( put new one) and was worried a bit. Oil looked fresh so assumed it is new oil because had some gray liquid only in my engine.
Drained just water reservoir about 5 times and after some 10h idling and 100miles oil stopped showing up.

Also decided to set an overhead after this repair.
It is cm870 and you have to only remove oil fill tube to bar an engine no need to remove fuel processor.
I made 500k on this truck and no adjustments were needed. The feeler gauge were really tight on exhaust and intake rockers.
I made it first time and it is really difficult to put feeler gauge between crosshead and rocker. I had to wobble crosshead a little to get a chance to put feeler gauge.
Truck has 1.15 mil miles. Had some wear/ lines on rocker rollers on exhaust and intake but looked good overall for me. Took some pictures might be helpful for others.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.