Front gear cover gaskit
06-17-2017, (Subject: Front gear cover gaskit ) 
Front gear cover gaskit
i have isx 15 2250 my front gear cover gasket starts to leak ... is there any procedure how to change it. any video reference ?
replyreply
06-17-2017, (Subject: Front gear cover gaskit ) 
RE: Front gear cover gaskit
Start by finding out why it started leaking? -- Recently serviced? -- or excess crank case pressure?-

When is the last time you replaced the crank case filter? - Those things can cause a lot of damage to the turbocharger and/or cause gaskets and seals for the engine to leak and fail in various places when not changed regularly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: jesseisx15
06-18-2017, (Subject: Front gear cover gaskit ) 
I thought mine was starting to leak but it was the rubber plug . Put a new one in and it dried up. By the time the fan moved it around it looked a lot bigger than it was. I know that's too simple minded but it was a lot better than I had aright to expect.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , hhow55 , jesseisx15
06-19-2017, (Subject: Front gear cover gaskit ) 
(06-17-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Start by finding out why it started leaking? -- Recently serviced? -- or excess crank case pressure?-

When is the last time you replaced the crank case filter? - Those things can cause a lot of damage to the turbocharger and/or cause gaskets and seals for the engine to leak and fail in various places when not changed regularly.

Crank case filter was changed 4 months ago .... i checked pressure it was 0.1kpa ......I do oil service regurarly 14 to 15k mikes ... one thing I notice it leaks more when cold start engine as engine gets warmed up it gets less ....
replyreply
(06-18-2017 )5022 Wrote:  I thought mine was starting to leak but it was the rubber plug . Put a new one in and it dried up. By the time the fan moved it around it looked a lot bigger than it was. I know that's too simple minded but it was a lot better than I had aright to expect.
Where is that plug located
replyreply
(06-19-2017 )jesseisx15 Wrote:  Crank case filter was changed 4 months ago .... i checked pressure it was 0.1kpa ......I do oil service regurarly 14 to 15k mikes ... one thing I notice it leaks more when cold start engine as engine gets warmed up it gets less ....

That reply throws up some red flags for me.

0.1kpa < -- What is it at full engine load?

How old is engine? How much blow-by does it have?

4 months ago?-- tells me nothing of the mileage or how saturated that filter might be.

You are aware that a lot of guys do away with that filter as their engines get older for just the reasons you are having issue with. Here is one reference...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...376#pid376

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: redbeard

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.