ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
10-17-2016, (Subject: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... ) 
RE: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification...
Eventually I'd like to put that $600 custom suspension on my truck too. But for now, my truck needed to pass a very thorough annual safety inspection; one that I knew the sleeper suspension would fail. I'm not that pleased with what I did, but my bunk suspension passed inspection so I'm happy.

I took the information that DColumbia gave, and made a bracket that required no welding. I only had to cut and drill holes in an angle iron. I made a bad choice of shock absorbers; I went on the Monroe website and found some car ones that were the size that I needed. That was a mistake, they are too weak, I should have got some 3/4 ton pickup shocks. I didn't figure the sleeper is that heavy. My initial plan was the shocks were going to be mounted straight up and down. That's how I did the right side at first. Then when I went to do the driver's side, I realized that I would have to remove the battery box to get the bolts out. Plan B, only need to remove the nuts, not the bolts, not a big deal; the shocks are at a bit of an angle now. I cut the angle iron 9" long, but that should change depending what shock is used.
./uploads/201610/post_1783_1476743386_c7081fed885f13a01efc5f1e232660ee.jpg./uploads/201610/post_1783_1476743407_8717fcf4291c144e07afcec9c4d1cc51.jpg

edit: This didn't last long at all, I did end up putting the Pro-ride on my truck.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: ProStar Sleeper Suspension Modification... - barf - 10-17-2016

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.