Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
07-23-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
If it was coolant than it is probably from EGR cooler take pipe off back of cooler put some type of tupperware bowl under the cooler then pressurize the system with a pressurization kit and let it sit overnight and see if coolant appears in tupperware bowl

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
07-23-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(07-23-2019 )Devildog1 Wrote:  Thanks for the add. I have 13 cm2350 that I just bought 2 months ago that currently has 575,853 miles. Since I’ve had it I’ve had to put in almost a gal on coolant and I was just chalking it up as egr was failing but yesterday I was changing the delta p sensor and I noticed that there was liquid that seeped out of the threads of the egr temp sensor for a split second after I turned the truck off. Is that where my coolant is going and what do I need to looking at that causes this? Thanks for the response

you need to find out exactly where that coolant is going. Driving the engine with it going into the intake, or through the EGR circuits will destroy the engine very quickly due to accelerated wear of everything from the liners to the crank bearings, and everyting else. It is nothing to play with or take lightly.

-- Start by pressurizing the coolant system with a pressure test set and ensure you do not have external leaks first. After that, check to ensure the egr cooler is not leaking, etc.

Hopefully it is not an internal leak (head gasket, injector cup, etc.).

-- If you are loosing coolant into the engine, egr cooler, or egr circuits, then your engine oil, DPF, DOC, EGR Valve, EGR piping, and possibly the SCR can are all likely toast as well. Coolant will kill all those components too, leaks into the engine or EGR system is nothing to play around with. If that is the case, then the oil needs changing, DOC and DPF pulled, cleaned, de-ashed, SCR inspected for face buildup, all the eGR circuits need cleaning out, all the egr sensors replaced, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-15-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
Hi,
I am having problems with a 2014 VOLVO ISX15. The unit went into derate mode because the it ran out of DEF fluid. We had the unit towed back to our yard. The first thing I noticed is that the DEF gauge would read empty even after we top off the tank. I replaced the sending unit of the DEF with no change. Wondering if you had this problem in the past.
replyreply
08-15-2019, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(08-15-2019 )cesaravila77 Wrote:  Hi,
I am having problems with a 2014 VOLVO ISX15. The unit went into derate mode because the it ran out of DEF fluid. We had the unit towed back to our yard. The first thing I noticed is that the DEF gauge would read empty even after we top off the tank. I replaced the sending unit of the DEF with no change. Wondering if you had this problem in the past.

it may not read anything until you fill the fuel tank too. the ecu associates the 2 together with some twisted logic sometimes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-28-2020, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
I just bought a 2015 cm 2350, chassis has 335000, miles, recon engine has 33,000 miles, by the looks of it none of the egr system was cleaned when they installed new engine. This truck is a heavy haul application and hauls 150 plus. My question is there are a couple additional sensors in the piping, one is n the delta p section, what is it and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing as well.
replyreply
07-28-2020, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(07-28-2020 )Redprblm Wrote:  I just bought a 2015 cm 2350, chassis has 335000, miles, recon engine has 33,000 miles, by the looks of it none of the egr system was cleaned when they installed new engine. This truck is a heavy haul application and hauls 150 plus. My question is there are a couple additional sensors in the piping, one is n the delta p section, what is it and can it be cleaned or does it need replacing as well.

If sensors look more than a couple years old, it might be better to replace them. Otherwise, if u can clean/brush them without using solvents, then they may still be ok.

replyreply

Theme by MyBB Addict
Contact Us | Rawze.com | Return to Top | Return to Content | Lite (Archive) Mode | RSS Syndication