Rawze's Daily blog...
03-28-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(03-27-2020 )JimT Wrote:  
(03-26-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  The pilot bearing in the centre of my engine flywheel started going bad about 2 weeks ago (not part of the transmission or clutch).

What were the symptoms/signs that alerted you to the flywheel?

It felt like the clutch started hanging up. Had to shut truck off to put it in and out of gear. Small pieces of the bearing were getting hung up in the clutch itself and rolling around... sometimes it would feel somewhat ok, and the next, it would hang up again.

Until I got it apart and could see what had gotten into the clutch to hang it up, it was anyone's guess as to what was wrong.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JimT , Chamberpains , Toolguy
04-15-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
After 1.4 million miles of use, my injector cam finally started getting flaky. #6 intake lobe and rocker was showing signs of it starting to go bad.

Purchased new cam, new rockers, new rocker shafts, gaskets needed, etc. All are the updated version design with the wider rollers.

I also went ahead and purchased a new crank shaft damper to go with it.

Total cost on everything was $6490~ish.

- Have truck at the house and am changing out everything this week. Lots of beer flowing today. Also finished up my taxes for last year (2019) and got em mailed off.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: kozakvod , Brock , Roysbigtoys , 2dlb , JMBT , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy
04-16-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(04-15-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  After 1.4 million miles of use, my injector cam finally started getting flaky. #6 intake lobe and rocker was showing signs of it starting to go bad.

Purchased new cam, new rockers, new rocker shafts, gaskets needed, etc. All are the updated version design with the wider rollers.

I also went ahead and purchased a new crank shaft damper to go with it.

Total cost on everything was $6490~ish.

- Have truck at the house and am changing out everything this week. Lots of beer flowing today. Also finished up my taxes for last year (2019) and got em mailed off.

You are the first person I know who's actually updated to the new ones. Heck, most guys dont even realize there is a update available!

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
04-16-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(04-16-2020 )Brock Wrote:  ...
You are the first person I know who's actually updated to the new ones. Heck, most guys don't even realize there is a update available!

Mr. hag also updates them whenever he inframes a truck at his shop and there is any signs that the cams will need replacing.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock , 2dlb
04-17-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Can you post pictures of what your seeing as "getting flaky" on the cams? I have an idea of what your looking at but I just want to see what you see.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
Yes, like Chamberpains said, I have an idea but would love to see a pic.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
Did you notice anything different about the engine performance or the way it sounded before or was it found upon opening the valve cover to run an overhead?
replyreply
(04-17-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  Did you notice anything different about the engine performance or the way it sounded before or was it found upon opening the valve cover to run an overhead?

none whatsoever. It was running just fine. - I went to do the overhead valve adjustment on it and found it. I do overhead adjustment and a lot of other things to the truck every spring.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: marek4792 , JimT , Brock
Any hope to get a new video series out of this? I for one learn a hell of a lot watching your videos.

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , kozakvod , Wiseman

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.