Rawze's Daily blog...
05-14-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(05-13-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(05-13-2016 )Brock Wrote:  What caused you to do a inframe? Did you have a failure or was it just getting tires and you wanted to stay ahead of it?

IT WAS NOT THE HEAD GASKET. -- It was a leaky injector cup in the head, and some of the valves, you could see oil seeping from them in the intake, indicating the guides were starting to wear down. -- really, all it needed was a head, but at 1 million on it,.. I decided to do the whole thing as a preventative step.

If i could go back in time and do it again,.. I would have replaced the head at 700k miles as a scheduled maintenance item,.. The rest would likely have lasted 1.5 mil or more easily,.. when the next head was due again.

When this head gets 700k on it,.. I am going to replace it and continue on. It seems that 90% of all problems with ISX CM871's internal to the engine is in fact the head. It simply wears out at 700 - 800k no matter what you do. After that, it is simply a matter of time before it fails.

Been awhile since we had that conversation, head related than, LOL! No kidding on these heads? 700k or there about? Right about the time mine failed too... I will start putting my pennies away.
replyreply
Was there a core charge on the head? I want to get one before there is a run on them like there were on injectors after you did the video on changing them out.
replyreply
(05-14-2016 )ahm700 Wrote:  Was there a core charge on the head? I want to get one before there is a run on them like there were on injectors after you did the video on changing them out.

There was no core charge on mine. I got it brand new.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-13-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  If i could go back in time and do it again,.. I would have replaced the head at 700k miles as a scheduled maintenance item.

Generally speaking, same life on the CM2250's? About 700k or so? Just curious.

User's Signature: 2013 Volvo 670 with Big Red under the hood
replyreply
05-15-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Wow looks great looks like you could of got another few hundred thousand miles on her with out rebuild??
replyreply
05-15-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I just looked backed in the blog now I no why you did it. Great job with the photos Thanks.
replyreply
05-16-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Took truck on a 6 hour round trip bobtail. runs great so far. Will try to get a load for it for Thursday.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-21-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Hey Rawze,
Any idea on labor hours for all that job you've done? Of course without delays with picturing and video shooting? Roughly...
replyreply
05-22-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(05-21-2016 )iRonin Wrote:  Hey Rawze,
Any idea on labor hours for all that job you've done? Of course without delays with picturing and video shooting? Roughly...

Book time on an inframe is 40 - 50 hours.

I have no idea, I got interrupted so much because of helping others that it was not funny. Truck was down nearly 5 weeks total, and i enjoyed the project, took my time, and spent time with wife too.

If I was doing nothing but working on my truck, I likely could have done it in about a week and a half.

Now I am editing all the video of it. That will take some time as well.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.