Rawze's Daily blog...
06-26-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(06-25-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  EX Guard makes a really good bumper guard for 1200 bucks and you can still keep the plastic bumper if you wish.

My front end is already 12,300 bobtail with that hendrickson air-suspension front end. A deer gaurd, even a small one would make that worse.

(06-25-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  What about a used drive shaft?

I looked at the local junk yards and was not impressed. Most of them, the splines were already as worn out as mine was with a million miles on it. - Guess I am just picky that way when it comes to repairs. I am just going to go with new components if possible since I have to replace it.

(06-25-2017 )big_roy Wrote:  Not that it helps, but if you were closer I'd give you the bumper I took off my truck...I put a herd bumper on instead of that plastic pos.

I would likely take you up on that offer if you were within a days driving distance. Don't know where you are at. -- No real big deal though,... I will look at the junkyard here in atlanta to see if they have a frame that is not mangled and an inner right-half shell that I can plastic-weld. Those inner carbon composite shells are notorious for cracking and failing on most of them. Should be fairly easy to find one in need of repair that is not missing a lot of pieces. It is quite easy to fix them by melting the cracks, embedding stainless steel mesh with a hot iron, then using fiber-rods on them.

https://amzn.to/2H31SFb

and the screen mesh out of 304-stainless ...

https://amzn.to/2V9RLH8

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 06-26-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.