Rawze's Daily blog...
07-19-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Truck finally left out onto the roads again yesterday headed to salt lake city. It has ...

* New drive shaft
* New yokes
* New u-joints
* New wiring for the tail lights.
* New wiring for the ABS modules.
* All new brake hoses and air lines from the back of the cab to the end of the frame.
* A lot of new air line fittings that had gotten damaged or ripped apart
* Some new/repaired APU lines and wiring.
* New forward differential
* New king pin bushings
* New shocks
* New brakes
* New drums
* 1 New hub bearing
* New leveling valve
* All new air bags in the back
* New Modulator valve for the ABS
* Repaired the cross-members and retaining brackets that got bent/damaged
* New front bumper assembly
* Installed a noise filter for the alternator.

I did a lot of inspecting, checking of things and took my time to ensure everything was up to spec + torqued properly along the way. hopefully nothing got missed, only time will tell. Wife is reporting the truck "feel like new again", so hopefully no other problems will arise. total down-time was 8 weeks. Six weeks of that was repairs and waiting for and finding parts, and simply taking some time off and the other 2 was for medical appointments she had scheduled earlier in th year. There was no sense in going out just to rush back home after 2 weeks so they waited to go out until the appointments were all done.

New forward diff was $2150, new bumper assembly was $1570, drive shaft $850.

All total I have about $6,000 in parts in it. All labor I did myself. it would likely have cost me $15,000 - $20,000 in total if I had taken it somewhere.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Squish099 , kmk , Mrkentee , BobsYourUncle , gatow900 , 389driver , Roysbigtoys , Waterloo , zero4 , LargeCar , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 07-19-2017

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.