Rawze's Daily blog...
05-10-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(05-10-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  
(05-09-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  http://www.prelub.com/web/Engine-Pre-Lube/index.html
It really bugs me that they can't put a price on their product without contacting them.

Quote:
It Doesn't Cost-It Pays. A Cummins Prelubâ„¢ starter can save your customer thousands of dollars in engine overhaul costs. Pay-back period for the initial investment can be as low as six months. And if the Prelubâ„¢ system saves just one turbo over the life of the engine overhaul, it has virtually paid for itself.

So in other words, it costs as much as a turbo. I'd really like to know how they figure the payback, as low as 6 months? Sounds like they're figuring how much they can get out of my wallet. Should be standard equipment but then they wouldn't sell all the saved parts.

Cummins had problems with their version of a prelub starter a few years ago. I know the guys restoring military Cummins engines in military vehicles were buying them and destroying the parts when the preluber failed.

Hopefully Cummins has improved those.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - biscuits and gravy - 05-10-2016
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.