Rawze's Daily blog...
05-11-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Flushing water out today and filling it with red coolant. Also going to take it to speedco and have the oil/filters changed that was used for the initial startup.

======================

Here is rough breakdown of what i have spent...

This is what I have in it roughly ...

$3830 -- Overhaul Kit (I purchased this a while back, so I did not spend it this go around).

$3560 -- Head (Brand new, not reman).

$1695 -- 3 reman injectors ($565 ea.)

$1050 -- New Alternator (320 Amps, Not reman)

$470 -- New Oil Pump (shimmed the regulator with 10 dimes as well and it makes 48-50 PSI).

$304 -- Rod Bearings

$184 -- Main bearings

$180 -- Lower Radiator frame bracket (old one was rusted out).

$150 -- Oil pan gasket

$58 -- Exhaust manifold bolts

$??? -- O-ring for top of thermostat

$??? -- New Main Supply Hose for Radiator

$??? -- Some 3/8" Air line.

$??? -- A/C Belt tensioner

$??? -- Main Belt Tensioner

$??? -- New Belts

$??? -- New Coolant (Red)

$??? -- Oil used for startup ($7.50 / gal El-cheapo oil + 1 gallon of 80/90 gear lube)

$??? -- Oil change at Speedco after test driving it.

$???? -- 4 cans of R134a to re-charge the A/C with.

======================

It comes in at right around 12k or so. I did the job myself, including counter-boring my own block so there is no labor bill.

YES, this is/was a low-rent type of project. I see no point in replacing a bunch of extra stuff and running up the bill all at once. I will get it back on the road and slowly replace things as needed from here. I didn't even bother to re-paint anything or even pull/replace the oil cooler, etc. -- I just wanted to do the minimum job, but I did do it right.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover , gatow900 , LargeCar , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 05-11-2016
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.