Rawze's Daily blog...
03-26-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
The pilot bearing in the centre of my engine flywheel started going bad about 2 weeks ago (not part of the transmission or clutch).

Took my truck over to Mr.hags to have the tranny pulled, as i do not have a tranny jack or a paved driveway to pull it easily myself.

After 1.4 million miles without being touched, decided to go ahead and replace all the guts of my tranny since it was already off the truck.

1.4 million miles of running 75/90 (or 80/90) oil in my tranny, plus letting it run in neutral as much as possible since the truck was new ... it still looked like there was little to no wear at all in it.

Here is the most amount of wear we could find. It is the wear on the synchronizer, it still looked pretty damn good though...

Not bad for 1.4 million original miles on it. By feel, you could tell it had some polishing on it / was not as rough as a new one would be, but it still looked and operated great.

----

The highest worn gear was 9th and 10th gears where they mesh. This truck gets shifted into and out of gear so many hundred times a day, as we shift in and out of neutral as much as possible to save fuel. We have done this for the whole life of the truck.

Here is the wear from those gears...

---
the rest of everything looked beautiful. Here is a few pics of other gears as they came out and were wiped off ...

nothing had any wear on it to speak of. Everything else literally looked like it was almost factory new in the whole tranny including the counter-shafts, bearings, literally everything was pristine. Even Mr.hag was scratching his head in dismay at how very little wear there was. He thought for sure he was going to find something in it somewhere because we ran it in neutral its whole life, but quite the opposite happened.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , david24 , hookliftpete , Magard , Chamberpains , Brock , LargeCar , t700 , Waterloo , JMBT , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 03-26-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.