Rawze's Daily blog...
04-19-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(04-19-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-18-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I wonder how hard it would be to reconfigure or recreate another mode on the aurdino controller to have it work on an x15 actuator or simply making a jumper harness for it would make it work if the software and hardware changes aren't too drastic.

The box I made will run all Holset actuators. The ISX, The X15, The ones seen on dodge pickup-up trucks, ... all of them. It will also run Volvo actuators, as they are made by Holset as well.

I can test Detroit actuators with it too, but i do not have a Detroit engine to use for reverse engineering the command codes, so what i have in functionality so far for them is limited. - Seems Detroit has their own set of command codes different than the others.

-- Just to let everyone know,... those X15 VGT actuators are complete F$king garbage!-- Teflon bushings in them instead of actual bearings for the gears, a bunch of quick-connect pins and simple wire-clips for motor windings, and a lot of other half-arssed design flaws in them. - I see people having many problems with them in the future.

Not only that, but they use a glue to hold all the half-arssed connections together instead of properly soldering everything .. makes it where you cannot service it without destroying it when getting it apart unless you have some serious patience cutting away at the glues a little at a time as it comes apart.

WTF??? Wow as usual price goes up and quality goes down. Can they be taken apart and rebuilt correctly with bearings and solder?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo

Messages In This Thread
Rawze's Daily blog... - Rawze - 04-17-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - Unilevers - 05-13-2016,
RE: Rawze's Daily blog... - tree98 - 04-19-2020

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.