Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
08-21-2018, (Subject: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head. ) 
RE: Oil pooling in top of cylinder head.
(08-21-2018 )TonyMathis Wrote:  ...
injector rebuilders

Here is my stance on injector re-man shops...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...67#pid4367

I would STILL only ever use certified components inside my engine. I have helped hundreds and hundreds of people and have yet to see any kind of real problem by going OEM. -
On the other hand, I have seen more than my share of people suffer from getting s%it off the Internet or having that "local shop" re-man critical engine components.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-21-2018 )TonyMathis Wrote:  ...
Frankly I'm sick of this ISX. The casting are soft compared to other engines including other Cummins. Parts are outrageous in large part due to distrust of aftermarket suppliers. Reliability is suspect. The EGR system is a joke considering carbon clogging of the head is damn near routine maintenance. And above all the lubrication system is inadequate and prone to cause to early failure. My Detroits and Cats are far superior engines in economy, reliability and cost of repair.

The one thing Cummins had for years over the other manufacturers was cost of ownership. They beat Cat in repair cost and Detroit on fuel economy and reliability neither of which is true now. They are worse than both. I regret the day I gave the ISX a chance and advise anyone considering what engine to have in a truck to go with a Detroit.

This guy joined the wrong forum if he hates ISX so much and just wants to rant the same regurgitated crap from social media sites that he has been brainwashed by. I have done him a favor kicked him off so that he does not have to waste my time on here with more senseless trolling,advertising, and rants against solid information.

Take that crap back to TTR where it belongs.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
You talking about the dd15? The same dd15 that will ventilate the block if you dont follow the procedure for changing the filters? Or the dd15 with the cheap press fit crank rather than a forged crank? Maybe your talking about the old series 60 which shouldn't be compared with the isx as they're fundamentally different technologies.

Now CAT. You say reliable..so you can't be talking about the BXS model that nearly bankrupted O/O that had them. Then you had the MXS/NXS that had issues with the VVA technology. Then the whole regen system fiasco that finally took CAT out of the on highway market.

The series 60, 3406E, and N14 were the last of the easily repairable, throw any part at it and it will still run engines made.

Our of the big 2 on highway manufacturers the cummins is the easiest and most forgiving of the 2
I have owned all 3. I miss the CAT reliability but not the fuel consumption. I hated the 1 box design of the dd15 and its finicky lubrication system. The isx 870 and 871 are the perfect mesh of new computer technology and old mechanical components. The 2250, 2350, and x15 I cant comment on as I've never owned one.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700 , Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.