What kind of Clutches are there?
09-22-2018, (Subject: What kind of Clutches are there? ) 
RE: What kind of Clutches are there?
(09-21-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Good move. A questionable quality clutch is ok if you have the means to change it out yourself if it does not pan out, but for most people, the risk is not worth the hassle to endure a second replacement prematurely.

I don't disagree with you very often Rawze, but as someone who has a shop, more than adequate tools, tranny jack, adequate experience doing several clutch jobs, etc., even if the clutch is free, the input shaft, and all other ancillary parts are free, clutch replacement jobs SUCK!!!
If you make a living with your truck, NEVER shortcut a clutch job.
Even cabovers where you can access both the TOP & the bottom of the tranny/bell housing and do them easily, they still suck.
The clutch I removed when I did my flywheel housing job is in good shape. themissinglink & I are thinking of putting it in his old farm truck, that he uses maybe half a dozen times a year, and has a broken clutch...notice I said thinking, not have done.

IMHO, a questionable clutch is only ok as an experiment to prove that you feel a hidden desire to punish yourself...

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , stevesparts

Messages In This Thread
RE: What kind of Clutches are there? - Hammerhead - 09-22-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.