check engine light
12-13-2018, (Subject: check engine light ) 
RE: check engine light
On his the turbo was worn out as well but it was the bearings inside the actuator itself that were locking up once the turbo got hot. If it sat and cooled of for an hour it would run fine again until it got hot again...he ran for a week with it constantly throwing that code before it put him on the shoulder with no boost...we changed it on the highway....
replyreply
so if i take it eazy and dont try to run it to hard i might get lucky in make it tell the saturday ..would cummins shop or maybe a international shop have them in what kind of price take are we looking at ..how hard is it to change them out never done one before so i guess it a first time for everything
replyreply
Have to drain coolant, tools for the allen head bolts as well as the xoolant banjo bolts....need insite to calibrate the actuator, cost is $1400+ for the actuator...there are some people who rebuild them...where do you live?
replyreply
i live maryland about 80 miles south of baltimore md..i dought it but would the imap sensor throw that code.
replyreply
i beleive in one of rawzes videos he said that imap/exhaust backpressure sensors can cause turbo codes. but the actuator sends signals back to ecm and the code your getting sounds more like the ecms not happy with the info its being given from the actuator.

best to check when apart that its actualy the actuator maybe the vgt ring is getting sooted up and sticking not allowing actuator to move easily cause more strain on actuator motor hence forth causing the premature failure of the actuator.

since your under warranty i would atleast check with your dealer or whoever you get shopwork done at and see if they will replace they might and might not.
replyreply
thats what i was thanking to .. didnt write the milage down when i change them last but ill stop by the shop tomorrow and get them in see if that will help before i spend that big money..so far i havent had to take the truck to the shop for anything i just been fixing the problem my self that i have had to keep i on the road ..it seam like the shop wontes to keep the truck there longer thn what it needs to be in it cost more cause u lose more money by not running loads
replyreply
thats cause "mechanics" are trained how to push computer keys nowadays instead of turn wrenches takes em 2 hrs to diagnosea 5minute job and 5 hrs to complete said 5minute job
replyreply
(12-12-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Your actuator has taken a dump....just helped a friend out with this exact code.

was your friends code going on and off every once in a while
replyreply
i know on mine my check engine light never came on i jus hooked up insite to see how my regen been doing cents i went back otr and like all way i check to see if any codes were show that the only way i find out about mine..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.