Oil around exhaust manifold.
01-30-2020, (Subject: Oil around exhaust manifold. ) 
Oil around exhaust manifold.

Just noticed this oil near exhaust manifold. #5 cylinder. CM 871. 425k on reman head.
Anything to be concerned about? Just trying to be proactive.
No other symptoms.
replyreply
RE: Oil around exhaust manifold.
Valve seals most likely. Nothing you can do except replace the head, and with that mileage it would basically mean in frame time. How much oil is it using?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-30-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Valve seals most likely. Nothing you can do except replace the head, and with that mileage it would basically mean in frame time. How much oil is it using?

No increase in oil use. Can’t the seals be replaced without taking the head off?
replyreply
(01-30-2020 )Mrkentee Wrote:  
(01-30-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  Valve seals most likely. Nothing you can do except replace the head, and with that mileage it would basically mean in frame time. How much oil is it using?

No increase in oil use. Can’t the seals be replaced without taking the head off?

Yes, they can.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
01-31-2020, (Subject: Oil around exhaust manifold. ) 
i would not worry about it unless you start seeing a lot of smoke out the exhaust or oil consumption goes up.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee , hhow55 , Signature620
Mine had that same oil coming out of cylinder 6. It had a broken manifold bolt. Tore it apart to fix the broken bolt. Everything checked out fine. If anything, hose it down with brake clean and check it for exhaust leaking.

Hammerhead had a fun little trick of smoking a cigar, while its running, around the port to see if its leaking. Maybe fire up the truck and a stogie to see if there is a leak.
replyreply

The question would be, is it worth it? My opinion it wouldn't be.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Also if doing alot of idling the cylinder can wet stack this may be the issue. Check crankcase filter if haven't already change it out to maintenance free one. And like said before may be a exhaust leak there..
replyreply
(01-31-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  

The question would be, is it worth it? My opinion it wouldn't be.
Its not a huge job, from what I can tell.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1034&page=2
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.