New oil pump
04-05-2020, (Subject: New oil pump ) 
RE: New oil pump
OK, I am getting worried I can't find an old style cummins reman for sale online, only new aftermarket, used, or new style new or reman....I'll call the stealershit tomorrow....

Does anyone have access to a copy of Cummins TSB190018?? It is about this new style POS pump.

Quickserve will only give me TSB's back 365 days, so I can't find it. Thanks

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
04-05-2020, (Subject: New oil pump ) 
ask and you shall receive

Attached File(s)
.pdf  TSB190018.pdf (Size: 217.87 KB / Downloads: 0)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
04-06-2020, (Subject: New oil pump ) 
Thank you Unilevers!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
(04-05-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  ask and you shall receive

I think this TSB is utter bulls$it. I shutter to think that someone that has lower than normal oil pressures due to various reasons ... comes across this TSB and thinks to themselves that their engine will be ok.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Signature620 , redbeard
The whole thing with the new design pump is bulls$it! They have been using the old style forever, and it works! Then they make this new P.O.S. and it's gears are too wide,***(not correct)*** it buzzes/whines, its has incorrect oil pressures, and proudly stamped on the front is "MADE IN CHINA"......

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620 , Roysbigtoys
Nothing says Cummins Engine Co quite like perfecting a design with years of R&D then going 1 step further and stuffing it up. Look at those ISX EGR coolers for example.
replyreply
(04-06-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-05-2020 )Unilevers Wrote:  ask and you shall receive

I think this TSB is utter bulls$it. I shutter to think that someone that has lower than normal oil pressures due to various reasons ... comes across this TSB and thinks to themselves that their engine will be ok.

i agree, if you have oil pressure problems dont just leave it and run it. Im not a fan of that TSB.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , JMBT
Haven't I heard that this new design pump is supposed to be higher volume??

How do you have higher volume but not higher oil pressure. The passage ways for the oil flow are the same size regardless of the pump. So if you try to move more oil thru the same size passage how is the pressure not going to increase??

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Signature620 , JMBT
I believe it wasn't volume but the new pumps were suppose to create oil pressure closer to dime modded old pumps

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.