Installing fuel pump cm2250
04-20-2017, (Subject: Installing fuel pump cm2250 ) 
RE: Installing fuel pump cm2250
(04-19-2017 )Sergiu Wrote:  Is it better to rebuild it or just put in a new updated pump ?
New pump.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zyNoT
10-17-2017, (Subject: Installing fuel pump cm2250 ) 
(04-20-2017 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(04-19-2017 )Sergiu Wrote:  Is it better to rebuild it or just put in a new updated pump ?
New pump.

What's the part number for the new undated pump. I'm looking to replace mine. And the price? Thanks
replyreply
10-17-2017, (Subject: Installing fuel pump cm2250 ) 
Or is there a way we can replace the plungers ourselves and save some cash? Cummins dealer is not far from where I live I can stop by and get all parts I need.. I was told we can buy the head of fuel pump only which have the updated plungers in it? From cummins. Is this right ?
replyreply
10-18-2017, (Subject: Installing fuel pump cm2250 ) 
Yes, you can buy a fuel pump head and it comes with the plungers as well as a new fuel pump actuator.
replyreply
I'm just finding out I might have 3 cylinder fuel pump. I have a 2011cummins isx 2250. What are my options if that's the case?
replyreply
A few months back when mine started leaking several Cummins dealers in OK and MO, told me “they do not make or sell parts for the 3 cylinder pump anymore”. The only option was to buy the new 2 cylinder pump, all the fuel lines and the new mounts, (because the old lines and mounts aren’t compatible). So I did, I was in a rush and had a good customer depending on me for the next week. $4600 in parts later I have the new 2 cylinder that only lasts 300-400k. The project took me about 2 days because the pump and all the other parts do not come painted, so a day to paint, and a day to remove the old and install the new.
If I would have had more time, I would have searched down the parts and rebuilt the 3 cylinder pump. In fact some of the guys on the forum, me included think maybe the plungers, rollers and tappets might be interchangeable, but have not confirmed this.
When I disassembled my 3 cylinder it was perfect inside at 580k. Even the ceramic plungers were completely unmarred. Just the leak between the pressure pump and gear pump.
This will be an unpopular opinion I am sure, but I think the 3 cylinder pump was a much better design, it just needed the steel plungers. My truck ran smoother with the old 3cyl then it does with the new 2. I think Cummins just found another way to stick it to us, in the form of $4600! That’s doing the labor yourself, who knows what a shop would charge.
I would try to rebuild your 3 cylinder with steel plungers, but that’s just my .02

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , 1776trucking
10-23-2017, (Subject: Installing fuel pump cm2250 ) 
I found a used fuel pump on offer up but if anyone can tell me if its a 2 cylinder pump?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(10-23-2017 )1776trucking Wrote:  I found a used fuel pump on offer up but if anyone can tell me if its a 2 cylinder pump?
Open the head to check plungers. Only four bolts. If they don't allow it stay away.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 1776trucking , Rawze
That is a 2 cylinder. The gear pump on the back of the 3 cylinder has the input and output holes on the bottom. The 2 cylider’s gear pump has the in/out on the top like the one in the picture.
However, it may be an early 2cylinder that still had ceramic plungers, so plan on a rebuild kit for the head whenever you get it anyway.

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.