visor lights wont come on
04-02-2024, (Subject: visor lights wont come on ) 
RE: visor lights wont come on
(04-02-2024 )windowrattler Wrote:  Here is what I have for a wiring diagram for that vin.

{link removed by rawze: either request it as a PM message, or post an official link from he document/vehicle maker}

so i found the fuse and the fuse is ok, i took it out and the panel lights turned off put it back in and it comes back on

see attached images

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
also double checked the visor light on battery and it works

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
you might have two wires coming out of the cab and going to visor, look there for broken wires, check if you have ground and power on them, fixed few volvos and cascadias with same issue, wires (positive) were broken at the place where it gets out of cab structure,
see you have access to both wires at visor , check what you are missing there power or ground
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E
04-03-2024, (Subject: visor lights wont come on ) 
Do you have a power probe like the one in Rawze's amazon page?

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
(04-03-2024 )hhow55 Wrote:  Do you have a power probe like the one in Rawze's amazon page?
no i dont i just have the one that blinks. I can get my hands on one though. what do you suggest i do with it. thanks
replyreply
I just did some cab lights on a with a power probe. Hooked the power probe signal generator into the bad wire at the light and used the tracer to follow the wire through the interior. It ended up being a loose connection on the headlight switch. The tracer set up can be a little tricky the first times you are doing it. Find a short you tube video of how to use it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E , hhow55
yes thanks,thats my other step. my unc told me to check the visor light prong on the switch on the dash too.
replyreply
It sounds like you have power to the fuse. With the fuse out one side should be "hot" or light a test light with the switch on. With the switch off the test light should go out. If it does the switch, relay and wiring to the fuse is good. From the fuse, power goes to the lights.

You may have to pull the headliner or trim panels to get to the wiring in the roof. Try popping the trim pieces off the windshield posts. You might see the wiring going up. If you can't it is inside the piller post. My guess would be you have corrosion up in the roof area. Those extension panels don't seal well and water gets in where the wiring comes out of the roof. There is going to be connections up there.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 3406E , hhow55
(04-03-2024 )DVT873 Wrote:  It sounds like you have power to the fuse. With the fuse out one side should be "hot" or light a test light with the switch on. With the switch off the test light should go out. If it does the switch, relay and wiring to the fuse is good. From the fuse, power goes to the lights.

You may have to pull the headliner or trim panels to get to the wiring in the roof. Try popping the trim pieces off the windshield posts. You might see the wiring going up. If you can't it is inside the piller post. My guess would be you have corrosion up in the roof area. Those extension panels don't seal well and water gets in where the wiring comes out of the roof. There is going to be connections up there.

yes when i took the middle light out from the visor water was inside from the rain. The water inside goes through the middle light because that light is in the middle of the visor where it makes a v. so there is space behind that light where that water goes in
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.