De-Mandated CM870
05-04-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
RE: De-Mandated CM870
The old man that did my injectors I trust. I requested him specifically. He did my last set of injectors back in 2015. He's very meticulous
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  Also yes I still have the Holset VG turbo on it

That is a good thing.

Many people who de-mandate these engines make that mistake.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  The old man that did my injectors I trust. I requested him specifically. He did my last set of injectors back in 2015. He's very meticulous

Even if he did it 100% correctly, after seeing a change in EGT's and other differences,.... SOMEONE should do an injector leak test on it... so that warranty claims can be made if you have a leaky injector out of the box. It is not unusual to get one sometimes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I'll look into it. It's definitely over fueling. When I first had it demanded it didn't smoke. Now it's putting out a long line of black smoke in between gears. Won't do it if I have the turbo spooled up. Only when I grab a gear.
replyreply
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  I'll look into it. It's definitely over fueling. When I first had it demanded it didn't smoke. Now it's putting out a long line of black smoke in between gears. Won't do it if I have the turbo spooled up. Only when I grab a gear.

also make sure the right injector part#s were used?.

replyreply
05-05-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
(05-04-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Heck, odds are in my favour heavily that if I called 50 repair shops with that "Cummins" logo on the front door ... and asked them if they have the tools on hand, and means to even do an injector leak-down on that 870 ... they'd "have to get back with me" because most shops are severely under-trained, and would not even think of such things.. nonetheless take the time to do them.

TA and Petro truck stops are now "certified" by Cummins for (some) engine work... I think that pretty much speaks for itself...

User's Signature: "...And as we wind on down the road, Our Shadows taller than our Soul..."
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Mav
05-05-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
Really?!?! TA and Petro hire some of the dumbest wrenches I've ever ran across. I've never asked how they get certified but you can guarantee it probably involves a "certified" trainer rep. showing up to the facility and about 30 minutes of a presentation and a short quiz for a mechanic or 2 and they will serve as the "certified" techs on duty. The diesel repair Industry has been a laughing joke since the 90's.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
05-06-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
So my barometric pressure sensor is showing I'm 2" off what the pressure really is. Almost 2.5" actually.
replyreply
05-06-2021, (Subject: De-Mandated CM870 ) 
(05-04-2021 )AK Trucker Wrote:  Well I just upgraded my transmission for a 20918 cause I got a deal on it. Plus I wanted the heavier duty tranny for the power I someday put in front of it. My gearing is 3.91 on 24.5 wheels. The truck does alright with power. I would just like more. I had a tanker pulling doubles who had 30k lbs on me catch me in the hills. I was 135k lbs. I know their trucks are built for that kind of weight but I'd at least like to be able to keep up given the circumstances
LOL, so many drivers pure tickle me with the can't keep up with Joe blow trucker. Drivers will beat the piss out of their truck like there is a trophy at the top of the hill. Plan stupid if you ask me. I'm crossing I68 east in MD with 30,000 lbs of 65 ft on the floor. I'm not real heavy but do I care that trucks are passing me, H$!! NO. I laugh all the way to the bank.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.