Rawze.com: Rawze's ISX Technical Discussion and more

Full Version: Cleaning dpf with water??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
There's a guy on YouTube that's washing out dpf's with a pressure washer. This actually work?

{VIDEO REMOVED}
No it does not. One should tell the guy in that video that he should fix what is causing the filter to plug up in the first place!
(02-12-2019 )tree98 Wrote: [ -> ]There's a guy on YouTube that's washing out dpf's with a pressure washer. This actually work?

{VIDEO REMOVED}

Yeah, I had watch that also ....I think best is to have it baked (300 bucks? is cheap) ......that being said? in a pinch? I would probably try it?

Unilevers

this has been discussed in detail, do a search and you will find it. It washes the metals away and makes the filters useless.
NEVER USEA LIQUID ON YOUR DOC/DPF--- BAD VIDEO!!!!!!!
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid32406
{link removed by Rawze}
I’ve heard of these machines being the latest method. I guess time will tell.
That's water,that's a big no no! Scroll up this page a little and you'll see I asked about using water.
(02-08-2020 )Magard Wrote: [ -> ]{link removed by Rawze}
I’ve heard of these machines being the latest method. I guess time will tell.

Now those are some serious idiots.
Believe it or not when I worked at a small stealership, Cummins would wash them out with some type of solution but this was 7 or 8 years ago. After I found that out the Co. quit sending them over there. How I discovered this was I would always blow shop air thru the filter with a blow gun and a crap load of clear liquid would came out the back. I have no idea if they still do this like I said it has been a long time ago.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's