Popping like sound
03-11-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
RE: Popping like sound
Ok, truck was in the shop 3 days they ran overhead again they claim everything looks good suggested I just run it , anyone else have any other ideas?
Thanks in advance
replyreply
Take a temp gun, and check the temp's for each cylinder on the exhaust manifold. See if their is any variations in temp's.
replyreply
(03-11-2016 )hhow55 Wrote:  Take a temp gun, and check the temp's for each cylinder on the exhaust manifold. See if their is any variations in temp's.

Will do that next Thanks
replyreply
This is a time it would be great to have that FLIR camera
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=42
replyreply
03-12-2016, (Subject: Popping like sound ) 
(02-28-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  I will get on that! I appreciate it of course I had a shop run the overhead three weeks ago when they replaced turbo maybe I can get them to do it over

Did the popping noise start, after the new turbo was installed?
replyreply
honestly i got a sound clip of it - it is definite combustion coming back out the intake - like you would get with a cam lobe gone. i would suggest something in the top end (cam, etc) but since youve checked that it only leaves one thing...

one of the valves is not sealing and allowing leakage into the intake. it is slight but it is there. the only way you are going to verify this is pull the injectors and borsecope it to confirm or pull the head and get it tested. are all of the valve stem heights the same? a variance can also point to this.
replyreply
(03-12-2016 )Unilevers Wrote:  honestly i got a sound clip of it - it is definite combustion coming back out the intake - like you would get with a cam lobe gone. i would suggest something in the top end (cam, etc) but since youve checked that it only leaves one thing...

one of the valves is not sealing and allowing leakage into the intake. it is slight but it is there. the only way you are going to verify this is pull the injectors and borsecope it to confirm or pull the head and get it tested. are all of the valve stem heights the same? a variance can also point to this.

Bare engine with intake manifold removed and it should hissing if valve is bad.
How is cylinders performance test?
replyreply
Is cylinder performance test done with insite? Thanks a bunch you guys I will take all the info & put it to work step by step,
replyreply
(03-11-2016 )Coco620 Wrote:  ..
they claim everything looks good suggested I just run it

If Unilevers has heard it, and it is back-feeding into the intake, even a minor leak will eventually wash out a liner and take out a cylinder. It could also cause cavitation elsewhere. For anyone to blindly say "ruin it like that" has to be a complete idiot! in my opinion!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.