ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
01-03-2020, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
(01-03-2020 )dumptruckisx Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )arch_stanton Wrote:  I just installed one on 2018 KW

you mounted it a bit differently from what i have seen most people make their own J bolts. A close up of what you did there would be nice. how hard was it to get mounted? it looks nice and clean good job by the way!

I used a piece of 3/16 t-1 steel and made a plate that is a little bigger than the width of the mount and made it long enough to get 3 inches below top of frame and I spaced the hard ac line out from the frame with one or 2 washers installed between the ac hard line mounting bolt and the frame then installed the plate under the hard line, I am not totally happy with the mount as it shakes a little not as bad as the factory power steering tank but when I do the next one I think I will make the mount a little wider then weld on a flange on the out sides of the plate, I will get more pics and post them latter. the other thing that was took time was nobody had the metric fittings in stock that I wanted.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
Here’s how I did my mount.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Toolguy
Where did you get the u-bolts?

What metric fittings are needed? If you have time, a parts list would be helpful for others who want to do this.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , DieselDave

you mounted it a bit differently from what i have seen most people make their own J bolts. A close up of what you did there would be nice. how hard was it to get mounted? it looks nice and clean good job by the way!
That's waaay to close to the front tire for me. Hit a piece of tire, in the middle of the night. A rock, bolt or something else laying in the road. That things gonna get hit, just asking for trouble. God forbid you blow a steer tire. I liked how Rawze did his. But mine is on the drivers side, my generator was in the way. But it's safe and also away from the heat. I feel it helps keep the oil cooler.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
(01-03-2020 )Ricky Wrote:  

That's waaay to close to the front tire for me. Hit a piece of tire, in the middle of the night. A rock, bolt or something else laying in the road. That things gonna get hit, just asking for trouble. God forbid you blow a steer tire. I liked how Rawze did his. But mine is on the drivers side, my generator was in the way. But it's safe and also away from the heat. I feel it helps keep the oil cooler.

I don't like that one at all. I would rather have it up by the steer tire than down under the frame like that. That's a good location if it were on the side of the frame rail and not under it. That would just plain scare me. Keep an eye on your oil pressure gauge!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(01-03-2020 )tree98 Wrote:  
(01-03-2020 )Ricky Wrote:  

I don't like that one at all. I would rather have it up by the steer tire than down under the frame like that. That's a good location if it were on the side of the frame rail and not under it. That would just plain scare me. Keep an eye on your oil pressure gauge!!
it's been there a long time and I have great oil pressure, she has 1033078 miles. It looks lower in the picture than it really is.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Toolguy

that looks really nice. - When you crank your truck in the mornings, take the back of your hand and feel how high up bp filter is getting warm (as the oil is starting to heat up after cold start) ...

When it only gets warm at the top 1/3 or so on the filter element, that's when you know it is time to replace it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
01-05-2020, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Thanks Rawze I will check it in that way its going to take awhile for it to fill as I change oil at 12K intervals and we only average 200 miles a day I will update this thread with how many miles its takes.

Also I was asked for some better pics of install I see some use J bolts but I have a mag drill so it's easy to put a few holes in the frame you can buy carbide tipped hole saws they work good with a battery operated drill the one's I use are made buy champion

replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar , Rawze , Toolguy
09-17-2020, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
I'm finally going to get mine bypass install next when I do the oil change. I'm not looking to extend my oil services, just want the extra filter. I have an OPS that has been sitting in the box for more years than I'm going to admit. I'm looking for any suggestions or tips on installing this. Will the pluming be the same as the AMS oil bypass? would like to get the fitting order now before I start on this.
thanks
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.