Prostar ac
11-29-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
(11-28-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(11-28-2018 )rapidisimo Wrote:  2011 Prostar, cm871. Does anyone know the oem part# for the ac compressor? I can't see any markings or numbers on my current compressor and don't want to take it off right now. I'm trying to get the number from the dealer but those bastards won't give it to me, the only thing they would tell me is the price $500 those bastards, lol

that sounds pricey. Got mine for less than $250 I think a couple years ago.

Do you know the part# by any chance?

its a fairly standard part for a truck. Just ask for a pad mount A/C compressor for your truck at any fleet pride and they could likely tell you what you need.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rapidisimo
03-14-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Hello maybe this will help me with my ac problems on my 2010 prostar my compressor won’t come on and it seems like it’s a short in the wiring onthe high pressure switch because I changed my high pressure switch and the compressor still won’t turn on I can wire up this system but my question is how hard is to write the program for Arduino I think that this will take care of all my ac problems at once because I have high pressure problems and my system keeps faulting out
replyreply
03-15-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
(03-14-2019 )jmiles3830 Wrote:  Hello maybe this will help me with my ac problems on my 2010 prostar my compressor won’t come on and it seems like it’s a short in the wiring on the high pressure switch because I changed my high pressure switch and the compressor still won’t turn on I can wire up this system but my question is how hard is to write the program for Arduino I think that this will take care of all my ac problems at once because I have high pressure problems and my system keeps faulting out

compressor also will not come on if either of the temp sensors on the passenger side are reading out of spec. Go buy a new temp sensor and measure its resistance, compare it to the ones mounted. Also see if you get close to the same reading over at the cab controller plug at the other end of the wiring harness.

as far as programming arduino,.. there are lots of youtube videos on it.

Also, I only put this thread out there for those who are familliar with arduino and want to hack their own A/C system with one. -- I am not willing to help anyone directly with this particular project past answering simple questions, because as soon as someone installs this onto the truck's A/C sytstem,.. whoever did it becomes married to whatever problems it may ever have in the future... No stealershit or other service facility could ever troubleshoot it. -- I.E.> If you not familiar with arduino, not savvy in such things, or don't have a genius relative willing to hack your truck and work on it every time it needs attention,.. I would suggest you try to fix your A/C system properly instead.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks for the reply if I not mistaken you are talking about the thermistors those aren’t that old every time I go in my system I replaced those because I now how often they go out and when they are bad the system faults out every 30mins I also watched your video on installing a reset switch and I did that But I wish that it was that simple to just hit my reset switch every 30mins.My problem started when a mechanic told me that a garage truck company was bypassing their system and wiring the compressor directly and using a freeze switch to stop the system from freezing well it worked for about a month and then the compressor started spitting out Freon when ever I idol so I put the system back to stock figuring that I just go back to resetting the system every 30mins.but now the system won’t work at all.it seems like something is going on with my high pressure side because when I replaced my high pressure sensor it started back working again for about a day or two. I think that my high pressure sensor is not getting power because the compressor is doing the same thing as if I unplugged the high pressure sensor I have owned this truck for about three and a half years and of those years the ac system work for about a year I don’t mind learning about Arduino I have heard of Arduino I just thought that it was for drones as a matter of fact you can purchase Arduino here locally and I don’t take my truck to international for anything so this would be great because I don’t have to use diamond logic to trouble shoot my ac problems anymore and I’m really good at figuring out things once someone points me in the right direction so I think Arduino would be perfect for me
replyreply
(03-15-2019 )jmiles3830 Wrote:  Thanks for the reply if I not mistaken you are talking about the thermistors those aren’t that old every time I go in my system I replaced those because I now how often they go out and when they are bad the system faults out every 30mins I also watched your video on installing a reset switch and I did that But I wish that it was that simple to just hit my reset switch every 30mins.My problem started when a mechanic told me that a garage truck company was bypassing their system and wiring the compressor directly and using a freeze switch to stop the system from freezing well it worked for about a month and then the compressor started spitting out Freon when ever I idol so I put the system back to stock figuring that I just go back to resetting the system every 30mins.but now the system won’t work at all.it seems like something is going on with my high pressure side because when I replaced my high pressure sensor it started back working again for about a day or two. I think that my high pressure sensor is not getting power because the compressor is doing the same thing as if I unplugged the high pressure sensor I have owned this truck for about three and a half years and of those years the ac system work for about a year I don’t mind learning about Arduino I have heard of Arduino I just thought that it was for drones as a matter of fact you can purchase Arduino here locally and I don’t take my truck to international for anything so this would be great because I don’t have to use diamond logic to trouble shoot my ac problems anymore and I’m really good at figuring out things once someone points me in the right direction so I think Arduino would be perfect for me

The wiring for the high pressure switch has broken on mine a few times, as has the switch. I've replaced and repaired a few times... This is one time I recommend taking to the stealership. Have one of the parts changers run Diamond Logic on the AC system, they can pinpoint a broken wire or bad sensor in around 30 seconds. Then if you want, get out of there and do the rest of the work yourself, it is not that difficult.

Here is one of the best places to buy parts, they carry just about everything and are located in Atlanta GA. They ship fast. https://truckerac.com

And I think this will hopefully solve your AC problems, it did on my 2008 ProStar...

I solved my ProStar AC problems by digging the dashboard outside ambient air temperature sensor out from under the radiator. I moved it up into the fresh air, I used the clip on the sensor to attach on the windshield wiper cowl at driver side door. If you get under the driver side front of the truck, look for the main harness that runs close to the hood hinges and runs up under the radiator, close to the steering box. Feel around on it, the temps sensor should be pronounced under all of the tape. Find it, and cut it out. I could only get mine so far before having to cut and splice the wires to get it up to the cowl. Here is a photo...

./uploads/201903/post_218_1552637759_b428749b1ce6c0b7b4ba944a89bd7ee4.jpeg

That air temp sensor, is the sensor that shows the outside temp on your dash gauge cluster, it is tied into your AC system. Mine was always reading inaccurately under the radiator wrapped in forty yards of tape from the factory. If you don't want to move it as far as the windshield, I would find a space up front that is away from as much heat as possible. The ideal location would be on your mirror. Try this, it is free, and will more than likely solve many of your issues.

Your system should hold three pounds of refrigerant.

And a note on the expansion valve, only use an OEM expansion valve, buy it from the dealer. There is and or can be a difference in the aftermarket versions out there, and many times those will not play well with our ProStar AC systems. That is the only AC aftermarket part I have had issues with, as well as the front AC condenser. I have not found an aftermarket AC condenser that bolts right in like the OEM dealership high dollar version. Everything else, except these two parts works. Trust me, I have replaced them all more then a few times. Moving that sensor as I stated above solved my AC issues. Going on three years with working AC.
replyreply
03-17-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Some more info https://www.google.com/search?source=hp&...zsdls5RGGs the link is to a free, public, legal information site for Navistar. If you don't want to trust the link search these words "Navistar Body Builder" Warning, the site runs best on Internet Explorer don't ask me why. A lot of good info in there including how to pull fault codes out of the dash display, including A/C codes if the truck is equipped to do so. Most are. There is an explanation of how to read them. Note before 2007 they read different than 2007 up. In the electrical system guides there is good basic information towards the on basic testing and meter usage. Hope this helps. There are a few minor quirks to the AC system that I don't think I have seen on here. If anybody is interested I will post those later. FWIW most truck builders have similar sites.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
05-16-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
This might be helpful when using DLB to diagnois AC problems on ProStar and DL controlled AC systems on other Nav models. If you see 6525.8 psi as a high side pressure that is DLB telling you there is a problem in the high pressure switch or the wiring itself. Next time you are hooked up unplug the high pressure switch and watch the reading. This problem will not set a code. It is the code. This is in IK1900207 only. Never seen it in a manual.
Sometimes the AC quits for maybe 15 20 minutes. Comes back on on and does it again. You will get codes for AC clutch over or under current. Often the cause is belt slippage. Heats up the pulley then the coil. Alters coil resistance. DL runs that clutch in a pretty narrow amp range. A new belt and idler will often fix that. Had a couple last summer that was all it took. No compressor clutch replacement needed. BTW this is not just a NAV issue. Hope this helps someone
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo
05-21-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Hello have a question about the a77b high pressure wire on the body control module.There are three wires on the high pressure switch a 5v,ground,and a signal wire which one is the a77b wire because I want to check continuity on this wire so I can see if there is a short in my wire because my fan won’t cycle and my compressor won’t engage any help would be greatly appreciate thank you
replyreply
06-12-2019, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
Check the bottom of your hvac unit under the hood, right above the turbo. I bought this truck used....think it may have had a exhaust leak at one point or the the severe heat given off by the turbo caused the plastic to deteriorate and crack. I had two 1/2 holes in the bottom of the case...sucking in hot air causing the evap. to freeze up. A little black rtv and some hvac tape and we are good as new. The

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rawze , Sergiu

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.