Prostar ac
03-03-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
RE: Prostar ac
(03-03-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  Rawze, did you just slice into the transducer wire or did you cut it and run it solely to the arduino?

I cut it and fed it to the arduino only.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
06-13-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
What is this that you built? Where do i get the parts to build this? I just got all new AC parts, (compressor, theromisters, expansion valve, dryer,)
Ac Worked great for 2 weeks now fault out about every 25 miles. This AC system is going to make me get rid of this truck.
replyreply
(06-13-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  What is this that you built? Where do i get the parts to build this? I just got all new AC parts, (compressor, theromisters, expansion valve, dryer,)
Ac Worked great for 2 weeks now fault out about every 25 miles. This AC system is going to make me get rid of this truck.

I got the parts off amazon

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 74bassman
I would just go by the part you have listed in that diagram?
replyreply
06-14-2018, (Subject: Prostar ac ) 
(06-13-2018 )74bassman Wrote:  I would just go by the part you have listed in that diagram?

Where did you have the work done for the AC? I bet they loaded it with stop leak and dye if they are like the shops I have been to. Try evacuating the AC system and go to Walmart, get four 12oz cans of straight R134A and a small can of Pag oil. Vacuum the system down and put that in, start with three cans of R134A, that should probably be enough. Your AC should blow ice cold, and you did move that ambient air temp sensor up to the windshield wiper cowl, very important.

My AC was blowing ice cold, but I lost the high pressure switch transducer thing up by the high side port or possibly the compressor. Compressor was really icing up on the way home. Going to go get one of those switches today and hopefully be back to freezing my rear end off. If not, new compressor time. Must have sat a bit to long during my adventure. But, it has never worked so good, never.

I'll be installing this solenoid too for the heater core, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M2W...UTF8&psc=1

Good Luck!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu
An icing compressor is normally a bad or misadjusted expansion valve allowing liquid refrigerant back to the compressor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Sergiu
(06-14-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  An icing compressor is normally a bad or misadjusted expansion valve allowing liquid refrigerant back to the compressor.
Overfilled system
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Sergiu
Hard to overfill the prostar eith only 3 cans...4 cans in mine and the compressor doesn't ice but the fan runs excessively lol
replyreply
They did evac the system. I did replace the high pressure sensor. It doesnt ice up just stops running. I can shut the truck off for 30-45 sec start back up, and it runs.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.