Tensioners and idler pulley
09-29-2021, (Subject: Tensioners and idler pulley ) 
RE: Tensioners and idler pulley
Didnt have time. Lockked up tighter than my wifes legs. My choices were limited
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Andre_The_Giant
I ordered the pulleys/tensioners Mrkentee referenced in the first post. I'll give an update as soon as I can get my hands on them. Seem to be the same or verryyyy similar to the 'Cummins' brand, but we shall see.

- Like hookliftpete mentioned, I have seen many 'oem' components with another name somewhere on or in the box....

Prices were within about 4 bucks of the original post a few months ago. For the 3 items I paid 258.47 (plus tax/shipping).

* Rockauto is a good source for some deals, but they get expensive with the shipping if you don't pay attention. The trick is to have all items in your order ship from as few places as possible. If you pay attention to the shipping icon (brown truck) to the right of the options or the parts you're looking for, that indicates those particular items will be shipped from the same location of a part already in your cart. It will save some dough on the shipping before. I've even had instances where the entire shipping total came down in price, with MORE items, just because all parts were coming from the same warehouse.

** O, and don't forget that a quick internet search can get you a 5% off coupon (which typically covers the shipping on certain orders).
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , tree98 , Mrkentee , Andre_The_Giant
Some of the parts like these can also be had at major retailers like advanced auto and autozone. They have discounted pricing and you won't have to pay shipping at all. Just give them the actual part number you're looking for.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , tree98
10-03-2021, (Subject: Tensioners and idler pulley ) 
Pulley and tensioners arrived Friday. Installed yesterday. Minus the additional rear leverage point on the main belt drive tensioner, everything looks very similar. Maybe Dayco is Spanish for Cummins lol...check out the names on the ‘Cummins’ takeoffs.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Mrkentee
10-04-2021, (Subject: Tensioners and idler pulley ) 
(09-28-2021 )SquareOne Wrote:  Mrkentee, hows the alternative Dayco pulleys and tensioners been holding up for ya these last 4 months? Not much time to get a real review, but just curious if they've had any issue since install. About to order and replace mine shortly.

I just finally put them on a month ago. No problems except some dissatisfaction with the a/c idler pulley that I posted about here- http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=7683

I have the old one on there, which also wobbles. I bought a new one from TRP Parts Store in my area, expecting a TRP one, but they gave me the Cummins one, which comes with a bolt and everything. I haven’t put it on yet.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
10-04-2021, (Subject: Tensioners and idler pulley ) 
Yep, both a/c idlers (original and new) had the same small increment of lateral play. Never did like it. When I first bought the truck I pulled it and carefully removed the seal from the bearing to inspect the condition of the grease. The wobble was just not right to me. To my surprise, the grease and bearing looked great and aside from the little play, it was very smooth and controlled when spun freely.

The new one damn sure has the same play. Now, the old one def has some wear ( you can spin for quite awhile with little resistance), but the amount of side to side play from nearly 275k ago is the same.

We shall see....
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
01-02-2024, (Subject: Tensioners and idler pulley ) 
Quick 2024 update...pulleys still going strong at a little over 250k miles currently. Just ordered another set of the three to have on hand. Today's price was 289.80 with shipping and tax. Just over $30 more than it was in Sept of 21'.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , hookliftpete , Pd6cas2 , Mrkentee , JMBT
(01-02-2024 )SquareOne Wrote:  Quick 2024 update...pulleys still going strong at a little over 250k miles currently. Just ordered another set of the three to have on hand. Today's price was 289.80 with shipping and tax. Just over $30 more than it was in Sept of 21'.

AutoZone has the same deal with free shipping over $100 and the nice thing' if warranty is needed, bring it to store near You!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne
Yep I've been buying the Dayco idlers from advanced auto for years since the OEM cummins are dayco anyway. Dayco has a nice cross reference site where I get the dayco part number then put them in advance auto website, usually free shipping and a 10-20% dicount code at the top of there website making them a fraction of the price of oem. I never did much gates brand but never liked the look and feel of them, just seem lower quality to me.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.