ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
05-08-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
RE: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems
Today I installed my amsoil bypass oil filter, well almost.
I was almost finished when, that damn blue aluminum fitting snapped right off. Oh well. I'll find a different fitting in the couple of days.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
05-09-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
That sucks, Perhaps a picture and a lesson in what NOT to do?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
05-09-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(03-08-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  My BP filter was on #3. The line kept suffering heat damage from the turbo and had to be replaced several times, even after installing a heat shield on it. I think #5 is a much better choice for BP filter.

I agree with that. I installed inlet hose a year ago and now it started to leak. Too much heat from turbo for that hose. Will move it #5 port.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
05-10-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(05-08-2016 )overshot Wrote:  Today I installed my amsoil bypass oil filter, well almost.
I was almost finished when, that damn blue aluminum fitting snapped right off. Oh well. I'll find a different fitting in the couple of days.

How the hell did that happen:tire: #2 on the picture for that. and it sucks when shi#t happens:@
replyreply
05-11-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Is there supposed to be any Benifit to running with pre or post filter on that oil cooler?

I do things a little different with my oil. I run Mobil delvac 1 le 5w30 and change it every 30,000km (18,750mi) hauling 140,000lbs getting 4.2mpg.

Side note: I don't know why anyone would ever put lucas in a synthetic oil??? You want to thicken your oil...... buy a thicker oil.
replyreply
Maybe I'll explain my thought process for using a 30 weight oil.

I work in the oilfield hauling oil and water. I load and unload using a gear driven product pump and I always run my pump at the same speed (750 rpm at the pump shaft)

When I'm unloading crude oil into a oil facilities plumbing, the pressure guage will show that I am pumping at 80psi of pressure. When I go look at the flow metre, I am unloading at 1.1m3/min.

When Im unloading water at the same place and at the same rpm, I will have 75 to 80psi which if I were to only go by that..... would have me thinking I am unloading slower when in reality, my flow rate is 1.9m3/min.

I run this 5w30 under the same principle. High volume which will make it so more oil can easily be shot up to the cams and they are better cooled by sheer volume.

Now keep in mind that I am not a mechanic, I am a driver who's only mechanical knowledge is what I've gained working on my broke down trucks so I would love to hear from the guys that have real world knowledge of such things.
replyreply
(05-09-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  That sucks, Perhaps a picture and a lesson in what NOT to do?

Sorry fellas, i have no pics. As for what not to do, i won't attempt to use a aluminum fitting again. I think is was a defective fitting. Why? Well, the fitting never seemed to snug up or get tight. According to what i have been reading the torque on this fitting should be 45 NM. Of course i wasn't using a torque wrench, as it didn't seem to get that tight. But, i would advise others to use a torque wrench. At least to know that you are not over torquing and causing any other unseen damage to the threads.

In the future I will try to get some pics, when I am working on things. The pics i have seen on here have been very helpful.
Thanks for having this forum, Rawze.:heart:
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
05-14-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
(03-07-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  Anybody know what these port are for? Prefiltered, filtered, high pressure, coolant??? Which one do you use for Bypass oil filter hose? Also trying to find a suitable way to install a one way check valve for the Backup Oil Pump project http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=74
This is a CUMMINS ISX Engine Oil Cooler 4952503

Is there I can find correct torque values for each plug on the oil cooler? Like #3, #5 and rest of the plugs? I tried to find in cummins quickserve , they dont have torque specifications. There only torque specs for the housing.

User's Signature: Cascadia ISX15 CM2350
replyreply
05-15-2016, (Subject: ISX and Bypass Oil Filter Systems ) 
Well here's where i try to post a picture of my install of my bypass filter.../uploads/201605/post_1788_1463326511_863fac0889978b9f8ae227fcb6e904e8.jpeg
sorry it's a little blurry.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.